By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WiiBoard discussion

I'm definitely going to get this even though I regularly exercise. I just see so much potential for this. Skateboarding, Snowboard, etc all are all a given, but combine this device with the Wii Zapper and you can have an amazing FPS experience. Imagine having to physically run away from zombies in Resident Evil. Perhaps you could lean forward on the Wii Board to look over a ledge and shoot downward.

One concern though is durability. Hopefully Nintendo will use solid state piezoelectric sensors instead of springs or something that could easily break.

Around the Network
omgwtfbbq said:
thetonestarr said:

I don't know if anybody else has said this yet.

However, I'm thinking about racing games. Specifically, bike/motorcycle games.

Part of controlling a motorcycle is leaning to the left and right. Now, I think of that, and I think of standing on the WiiBB and leaning to the right or left, while controlling with the Wiimote.

I think of something like Road Rash or whatever, where you would control steering by tilting the Wiimote and nunchuck together, and control leaning by actually leaning.

Then, you could press B on the Wiimote to use the right brake, Z on the nunchuck to use the left brake.

If you pressed C and swung the Wiimote or Nunchuck out, you'd punch the person next to you in the appropriate direction. If you pressed A, you'd kick. If you have any weapons (chain, bat, oil, etc) or powerups, you could rotate through them with the D-pad.

Finally, if you wanted to look to your left or right, you could simply do that with the analog.

Simply put, the WiiBB, in conjunction with the Wiimote, would easily make an outstanding game concept, as I just outlined.

Possibilities are gooood.

I just hope Ninty gets a clue and starts doing controller + peripheral packages for cheaper prices. I'm not very fond of the idea of paying $40 for a Wiimote, $20 for a Nunchuck, $20 for a Classic Controller, and a likely $30 for a WiiBB. That's $110 for just one player to be fully decked out.

Standing up? I don't think I'd like to race standing up.

Why not just sit on the Board?

Does it really matter, anyhow? I'm sure you could sit it on the floor in front of a chair, and just put your feet on it then lean forward and it'd work just fine too.

sitting, standing, whatever. as long as weight's being sensed and shifted, i'm certain it really doesn't matter.

SW-5120-1900-6153

To be honest, I see a lot of potential from this but wonder whether it can live up to the potential ...

In order to live up to its potential it has to sell well and be well supported; this is not something that is easy for an add-on to achieve.

HappySqurriel said:

To be honest, I see a lot of potential from this but wonder whether it can live up to the potential ...

In order to live up to its potential it has to sell well and be well supported; this is not something that is easy for an add-on to achieve.

Good sales for Wii Fit are practically guaranteed, and for Wii Board too, by implication. Granted, they'll have to trust that the demographics are good for launching titles of other genres.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

The thing I love about the possibilties of the WiiBoard, is that Nintendo has found a way with the Wii to practically bring home the (while dated) current levels of arcade evolution gaming right to your home.

I've been seeing this trend happening ever since Guitar Hero became a smash hit. I was playing Japanese import arcades at my local arcade Pinball Petes back in Ann Arbor for years. Guitar Freaks and DDR were popular for years before they hit the console markets. I saw DDR coming, I didn't see Guitar Hero making as many waves as it has.

- So the Wii now allows for First Person Slashers ala Dragon Quest Swords. Something that has been around in the arcades for awhile with Blade of Honor (Tsurugi), although it won't be nearly as good as the Square Enix will put out. If games like this integrate the Wiiboard it only gets better.

- When Punch Out!! or Hajime no Ippo Boxing hits it can simulate, with the Wiiboard, the likes of the very popular Mocap Boxing simulators with the sensors. Your body movements and the like will then be emulated by the boxer on TV. Obviously the Wiimotes act as your hands.

- I think the likes of Rail FPS ala Time Crisis are obvious as well.

- Also depending on what exactly is possible with the WiiBoard, something like Ollie Kings is remotely possible.

So all in all the Wii has a huge possibility of giving the person at home some of experiences and interactivity that was thought only possible at large arcades! I for one am stoked that possibilities of this.

"There are three types of lies : Lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli ( Made famous by Mark Twain )

PSN ID: DeviantPathways

Wii Number: 0081 3044 1559 2355

Around the Network

Wow! Will they ever produce enough Wiis if they come up with stuff like this and SMG?

I'm buying two. It sure beats Yourself!Fitness.

"The Board" has so many potential uses. Think outside of the box for a second. For shooter games you could tap your foot twice to reload. Mario games could substitute the "Z" button with a little hop on the board. Driving games are obvious with more pressure on one side to accelerate, the other side to brake. Besides the strafing slide for FPSs it would be great in a game like Sports (and make it more skillful) to have to shift your tennis player from side to side, or align the bowler by keeping in balance, of for golf measure the fade or hook and power by balance in addition to the motion of the Wiimote. For ANY game it could still be used as two more buttons. It could substitute for the L and R or the X and Y buttons. "The Board" still obviously makes more sense with shooters, platformers, sports, etc. but it is potentially compatible with any game.

The reason Nintendo featured WiiFit and the so called "accessory" that goes with it isn't just because they want to sell a fitness and yoga trainer, it is because they want "The Board" to become a part of the basic setup for at least a plurality of the lineup. They're still innovating and differentiating. Stay tuned, Wii'll see if it works!

Didn't know where to post my question. Are there any games I can buy or get which are really good. I finished red steel last night it was pretty cool but rather short.

I have
Red Steel
Zelda
Splinter Cell
Scarface

are there any other games i can play apart from these. Any recommendations i could try out.

RE4: Wii Edition is very good, I'm having lots of fun playing it right now

If you liked scarface you might what to try out Godfather (more interactive then Scarface I have heard)

For something casual and fun try WarioWare: smooth moves, I have also heard Raving Rabbits is fun but I haven't played it. Both games are quite short.

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

Whilst I think wiiFit could be awesome.

Most games trying to utilize this for other things like fps could be brutally difficult. Controlling your pressure keeping a wiiMote pointing straight and using nun-chuck at the same time? I couldn't see nintendo doing that if their whole idea is to keep things simple.

Yes