By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WiiBoard discussion

Thread for WiiBoard discussion.

Do you think they were cheating a bit in software to make it seem the WiiBoard was detecting movements so well? Or is the hardware really detecting things accurately in all situations?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

well it only detects the pressure distribution of your feet on the board but i'm sure a lot of stuff can be extrapolated from that. like you can easily tell which direction you're stepping and leaning and twisting with that.

In the part where the girl was doing the leg stretch, I was assuming it was doing a bit more than that, maybe some distance sensors. But you're probably right!

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

It can assume quite a lot by how you're balancing...

It probably "cheats" as much as a Wiimote "cheats"

It's not going to be able to detect every little thing you do, but it detects what matters for the game you're playing.

ARGH FPSs could rock!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

http://digg.com/nintendo_wii/Nintendo_demonstrate_more_revoultionary_technology_the_WiiBoard_WiiFit

Around the Network

I'm not sure if the WiiBB can withstand constant jumping. The sensors would erode over time. Also I would like to know the weight limit on the board, that would tell you how light you would have to be to be able to jump on it.

Looks cool. It obviously works with it's intended game but it seems like it could really work with some thought for other games also. I just hope Nintendo isn't the only company thinking about that.  I know it's an add on peripheral and those usually don't do well but I think this one will do better than any others.  Not to sound sexist but if there's a Wii and a lady in your house that board is going to be there also.  That's a lot of homes.

The sensors probably aren't too different than what's in DDR and those pads seem to hold up to all kinds of abuse.

Yea I wouldn't expect any jumping, just stepping.

You know people are going to jump on them though...

I have a feeling they'll be sturdy enough...Nintendo is good with making sturdy products.

Still...a 300 pound guy jumping on that thing...ehhh. People over 250 probably won't be doing much jumping, anyway.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )