By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Guitar Hero cant live on

Gballzack said:
Crono said:

Each instrument in Rock Band is its own fully featured game (except bass guitar).  You don't NEED 4 people to play each instrument, you only need 1, yourself, and the game will cover the other parts.  And if you have 2 friends, you can play 2 instruments and the game will cover the leftovers.

Rock band is literally 4 times the game GH3 is.

don't you need to buy them altogether though? How does that work?

The peripherals?  I think thats still up in the air. I know there's going to be one big bundle, and probably a bundle with just a guitar, but I think each extra instrument is available peacemeal.

Nice avatar, BTW.

Witty signature here...

Wii: 14 million by January  I sold myself short

360: 13 million by January I sold microsoft short, but not as bad as Nintendo.

PS3: 6 million by January. If it approaches 8 mil i'll eat crow  Mnn Crow is yummy.

With these results, I've determined that I suck at long term predictions, and will not long term predict anything ever again. Thus spaketh Crono.

Around the Network

I see Guitar Hero seris going to be like the dreamcast then next year Activion will have Rock Heros against EA Rock Band

Online rock face-offs will completely change the face of GH III. The same applies to Rock Band but with the already-installed base of guitars for GH III and its lower price, I expect it to do well.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

The GH2 guitars are compatible with rock band

The music will follow Rock Band, and not Guitar Hero, Harmonix is behind the music, and they have abandoned the guitar hero IP

XBOX LIVE Gamertag: QuantumTarntno

Crackdown - Enchanted Arms - Oblivion - Samurai Warriors 2 - GRAW - GRAW2 -Lost Planet - Guitar Hero 2 - Star Trek Legacy - Double Agent - WWE 2007

Wii 4237-4425-6442-7626

Mario Party 8 - Rayman Raving Rabbids - Excite Truck - Zelda: Twilight Princess - Godfather - Wii Play

Quantum-Tarantino said:
The GH2 guitars are compatible with rock band

The music will follow Rock Band, and not Guitar Hero, Harmonix is behind the music, and they have abandoned the guitar hero IP

And Rock Band will probably come with a guitar bundled while you can buy GH III without a guitar for 360 and PS2. That extra $30 alone is enough to get me to buy GH III over Rock Band (which will inevitably launch with a higher price than GH III).

They've also announced these songs for GH III so I don't see how Harmonix leaving is really going to matter much:

That looks like a pretty damned good lineup thus far. 

Around the Network

Why is everyone predicting that Guitar Hero is gonna be crappy now that Rock Band is coming?

Anyway I really don't want to buy two different guitars for two games.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Holy crap I love that list. Nice variation of cheese, good songs and I mean come on Sabotage???

Minus the Weezer song :( 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ckmlb said:

Holy crap I love that list. Nice variation of cheese, good songs and I mean come on Sabotage???

Minus the Weezer song :( 

Yep, that's a great list. I particularly love that they finally got Slow Ride. Hilarious.

Crono said:
Ackmed Tepish said:
Rock Band is too expensive to take its place though and too niche to have the same wide of appeal. It require multiple people to play a full ensamble instead of just one player. Regardless technicalities, it can't do as well as Guitar Hero. It might live on like DDR, but most likely will be a fad, making peoples buy new songs is a rip off and a short lived gimmick I assure you.

Each instrument in Rock Band is its own fully featured game (except bass guitar).  You don't NEED 4 people to play each instrument, you only need 1, yourself, and the game will cover the other parts.  And if you have 2 friends, you can play 2 instruments and the game will cover the leftovers.

Rock band is literally 4 times the game GH3 is.

O RLY?

Have you played both of them?

Rock Band is innovating and expanding

It will sell standalone, or budled with one of the 4 implements of control.
The others will be for sale seperately

Guitar Hero is Stagnating, was sold off, and is being milked at this point.

Harmonix knew what they were doing selling off GH, they are done with it, and by extension, it is done as a franchise.

XBOX LIVE Gamertag: QuantumTarntno

Crackdown - Enchanted Arms - Oblivion - Samurai Warriors 2 - GRAW - GRAW2 -Lost Planet - Guitar Hero 2 - Star Trek Legacy - Double Agent - WWE 2007

Wii 4237-4425-6442-7626

Mario Party 8 - Rayman Raving Rabbids - Excite Truck - Zelda: Twilight Princess - Godfather - Wii Play