By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3 reasons for nintendo to be worried

disolitude said:
Nintendo should be worried about Miyamoto and his fascination with kids. Something is a little odd there...a man in his 40's obsessed with kids games.

Is it that Miyamoto is obsessed with kids, or merely that he hasn't forgotten them? His games are for everyone, not just adolescent males.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Around the Network

And the one reason why they don't have to worry

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

My answers are No, No and No.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

euros are much nicer stof

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

klaudkil said:
nintendo only needs to worry about the ps3.....when ff13 comes out.. all hell will break lose in japan

yeah, i wanna see nintendo's 'final fantasy killer' apparnetly its an RPG made by the director of FFXII

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Around the Network
woopah said:

javascript:hideCL3O7MDG()

Even with Nintendo riding high in the industry they need to start worrying. Here are 3 eligible reasons for why Nintendo needs to worry. 

1. Bruceongames
  2. Rock_On
  3. megaman2

I agree.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

#2 was a blessing for the Wii as during the past two Christmas seasons, Nintendo was able to generate a lot of hype for the system which led to the increased demand that it now enjoys such as past Christmas shortages cause increased demand  for in 2005 for the xbox 360 and has generally increased demand for toys like Cabbage Patch Dolls and Tickle Me Elmo.

However, correcting the problem is a curse for Nintendo because once the console is widely available in stores with the opportunity for people that really know nothing about games but had their want for the Wii increased by co-workers who were Nintendo fans and the scarcity of the console finally be able to see what the console is capable of graphic and technology wise compared to what the other systems can do, their demand for the system will fall off. When you put the PS3 with Heavy Rain, Killzone 2, Gran Turismo 5, or Final Fantasy XIII while on the next shelf next is a cheaper than the Wii 360 running Gears of War 2, while all you have running on the Wii sitting next to them is Animal Crossing or Wii Music which by comparison will only look like about like SNES games, you will see fewer people buying the Wii.

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

Why are there so many people eager to look stupid with things like that? At least it's entertaining.
Let's ge on with it:
1. So Nintendo sells everything they make, forcing the competition to drop price below the Wii price to be relevant, and Nintendo is the one that needs to worry? Stupid people define the public behaviour, when obviously Nintendo is far better than them at knowing what the public at large want. Unfortunately, the author's pipe dream is far from reality: a "hockey mom" won't buy a XB360 because she can't find a Wii, that's nonsense. It's so obvious nonsense that I sometimes wonder if these people are not stupid.
2. Shortages of the Wii didn't help the competitors much in the past, so with the production of Wii now being up, it won't change anything at all now. Besides, this time around, I think Nintendo built a big stack of Wii for the holidays. Can they sell 3 millions Wii in a month? We'll see, but clearly, that's not sth that worries Nintendo.
3. Hardcore gamers are not what makes the Wii a success. Another pipe dream, that hardcore gamers are relevant enough to be the savior of any console. Anyway, they're not what makes a console a failure, though they're needed as early adopters. They're surely no reason for Nintendo to worry.

So Nintendo doesn't need to worry about any of these points.

1 - A price cut alone won't help the 360. Only if they made once a casual game that didn't flop would they have any chance.
2 - Some of them MIGHT get tired, but not a lot.
3 - Well yeah, they messed up this E3. They better push The Conduit, this might turn the situation around.

1. This won't have any long term affect as the price isn't the primary reason the Wii has been so popular.

2. Over the last few months Wii in the wild have been a lot more common I my retail trips. That combined with the fact that they have not been selling 2.5m/month WW suggests that they are stockpiling for this winter. I expect HUGE numbers over the holiday.

3. "hardcore gamers" lol!
a) mass market hardcore AND mass market >>> hardcore.
b) with games like Disaster, Conduit, and others in the upcoming Wii games thread, I think this ridiculas myth about core gamers will be trounced.