By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is Insomniac The New Rare?

Rare used to be one of my favourites, i hope new B&K is going to be good, about insomniac they do make good games ,but it's gonna be a while before they can match rare. I mean Insomniac havent made game as good as Goldeneye

Around the Network

Insomniac are like rare in that they are a 2nd party making good games keeping a struggling console alive. But what Rare did for the n64 is far superior to what insomniac are doing for the ps3. I loved Rares n64 games, Blast Corps, Golden Eye, Banjo 1 + 2, DK64, Jet Force Gemini, Perfect Dark, Diddy Kong Kart.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

insomniac is a very consistent games company producing ratchet and clank, (originally) spyro and resistance. Now on the ps2 and ps3 only one of their games has scored below 85 percent on gamreakings and that was the quic port of size matters from psp. Rare while having some excellent games in the past is not so consistent imo

disolitude said:

Insomniac is good but not nearly as good or relevant to the industry as rare was in the mid 90s.

Rare today is still in the top tier of devs so this writer is full of it...article writer sounds like a bitter Nintendo fan that is sad he only gets 4 good games a year...all made by Nintendo. He'd prolly take Kamoe and Perfect Dark Zero with open arms for the Wii...yet hes bitching about Rare.

rare back then was amazing, what they did with the megadrive still stands till this day as a towering achievment.

they took gunstar herous and did the snes style "mode7" effects, i can remeber when they announced gunstar heroes meanmachines said they dont think the megadrive could do that without a modchip in the cart.

with scaling and rotation just like in snes games, and with more sprites on screen, gunstar heroes was phenominal in its day better than super probotector(contra3 in the us)

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

obieslut said:
insomniac>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>rare.

Hmmm well...i might have to disagree with you there my man. Goldeneye, Diddy Kong Racing, Donkey Kong 64, Perfect Dark....Blastcorps.....and thats only for the N64

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:
Dno said:
Chrizum said:
Dno said:
Chrizum said:
Source please. This site can get in trouble if people just blatantly rip articles and acting like they wrote it themselves.

Are people of this site that stupid not to no this is from another article? It clearly says at the bottom "Dno says" because thats thats my view on this article. I think my fellow man on this site is much smarter then this but i will give u a link.

http://xenonxblog.wordpress.com/2008/09/03/is-insomniac-the-new-rare/

When citing somebody else's work, you just need to provide the source. I didn't created that rule, it's just the way it is.

But thanks for providing the link.

no problem but its stating the obvious. But i will remeber that in the future as i see it bothers a lot of people.

Dno...anytime you present someone else's work you have to provide a source....otherwise it is plagiarism.

Another reason we need a source is to know where this info is coming from...i.e, is this a reputable site that has been known to provide quality conjecture....or just a fanboy site that doesn't have a leg to stand on.

And you might want to edit the OP with that link.

Yes i tried to make this my own your right... i am very sorry i confused you it clearly was not obvious that this was someone esle article. but this is NOT my writing.. just in case you did not know. >.>

(hint)

/Sarcasm

How can you say 360 has no original games they are all re makes of the PS2 games? 99% of the games out there are like that including Sony games. I have no idea having a rational discussion MS has many issues and many reasons not to buy but most people agree they have a GREAT library of games

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Dno said:
super_etecoon said:
Dno said:
Chrizum said:
Dno said:
Chrizum said:
Source please. This site can get in trouble if people just blatantly rip articles and acting like they wrote it themselves.

Are people of this site that stupid not to no this is from another article? It clearly says at the bottom "Dno says" because thats thats my view on this article. I think my fellow man on this site is much smarter then this but i will give u a link.

http://xenonxblog.wordpress.com/2008/09/03/is-insomniac-the-new-rare/

When citing somebody else's work, you just need to provide the source. I didn't created that rule, it's just the way it is.

But thanks for providing the link.

no problem but its stating the obvious. But i will remeber that in the future as i see it bothers a lot of people.

Dno...anytime you present someone else's work you have to provide a source....otherwise it is plagiarism.

Another reason we need a source is to know where this info is coming from...i.e, is this a reputable site that has been known to provide quality conjecture....or just a fanboy site that doesn't have a leg to stand on.

And you might want to edit the OP with that link.

Yes i tried to make this my own your right... i am very sorry i confused you it clearly was not obvious that this was someone esle article. but this is NOT my writing.. just in case you did not know. >.>

(hint)

/Sarcasm

We know it wasn't you.  We're not fricking stupid, like you might suggest.

There are just protocols that you need to follow when you post articles from other places.  Now stop being so childish and just remember it for future reference.

Rare developed Battletoads and Insomniac will never create a game as great as Battletoads.

obieslut said:
insomniac>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>rare.

I agree 100%, but I'm a bit (or a lot) biased. =)

That out of the way, I really have been interested in this game because I do like platforming games, but at the moment, I just can't afford a 360.