By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The OFFICIAL E3 2007 Nintendo Press Conference Thread

no.

not bee mario!

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network

Looks like it's almost time to re-buy a Wii. Mario Galaxy and Metroid look amazing, and I also died when I got the mario Kart news. Zelda: PH is the game that has sold me on getting a DS.

@BenKenobi88:They have confermed that they will use online in some way. I beleive they are working on it. And you PHAIL for not succoming to Tingle's will

@VonShigsy:Cool, thanks for the tip

ElRhodeo said:
Kwaad, the only reason you came here for is to annoy Nintendo fans, obviously. Why do you do that? There's a nice, warm Sony press conference thread waiting for you. There you'll meet hundreds of people that love the same games you love. Why hang around here and try to convince Mario fans they should play Killzone instead?

Thank you.

The Sony threads get swarmed by Wii fans.  Kwaad and everyone should be entitled to their opinions.  The microsoft thread included a lot of criticism. 

I think my spending on gaming this year has just quadrupled, or something like that.

Around the Network
tao said:
Don't get me wrong. Wii Fit is a great workout thing for home. Atleast a lot better and fun than those things you see on the commercials. But as a gamer I dont really care about this. This thing is meant for my mom not for me....

Exactly.  I think DDR is a better workout for gamers.  For non-gamers the DDR has exercise modes. 

windbane said:
tao said:
Don't get me wrong. Wii Fit is a great workout thing for home. Atleast a lot better and fun than those things you see on the commercials. But as a gamer I dont really care about this. This thing is meant for my mom not for me....

Exactly. I think DDR is a better workout for gamers. For non-gamers the DDR has exercise modes.

You need to think more like a gamer.

I'm about to check out the Sony thread (this site was down while I watched it...at least for me), but I'd like to say that Sony clearly had the best press conference.

I think it's funny that I got attacked for posting the rumor of PS2 waggle (apparently posted before by ckmlb) because it would be a new controller, and yet Nintendo announces not 1 but 3 new controllers.

I'd like someone to explain to me the advantage of a board that you stand on versus the Eye Toy that can track movement in your entire body.

Someone tell me what is better about casually named "Zapper" when compared to the Guncon 3 that has tracking with 2 sensors and 2 analogs (besides the color, even though I prefer color to gray anyway).

Now, as for Mario Kart, which was possibly the most exciting new piece of information for me at E3 because of the early release date (even if it doesn't look much better than Double Dash), I'm not sure why I'd want that wheel.  Does it have a stand?  I love Mario Kart and I hated Nintendo for not putting Double Dash online, so the news that it will be online is welcome.  I will miss the 2 characters per kart, though, because I liked carrying 2 items at once.  Maybe they'll keep that.

Controller excessiveness aside, nothing new was announced except Mario Kart, and the only surprise was that it was coming out so soon. 

I'm not sure why Brawl wouldn't be online considering every other fighting game is doing it now, and they have it for Charged.  I don't think MP3 is online either. 

I'm just glad Mario Kart is online.  Strange that I got lucky because I like the soccer and kart games the most and those 2 are the ones online.  I look forward to those. 

What is there to look forward to in 2008, though?  With Prime, Brawl, Galaxy, and Zelda already used up, what is left for first party besides more mini-games (MP9) and casual games?  I wonder if they will just pump out the main titles more since development time will be less. 

Galaki said:
windbane said:
tao said:

Exactly. I think DDR is a better workout for gamers. For non-gamers the DDR has exercise modes.

You need to think more like a gamer.

What do you mean by that?  DDR is an actual game. 

The traditional Nintendo games look good as ever, but the rest was not for me.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!