By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The OFFICIAL E3 2007 Nintendo Press Conference Thread

Quick thoughts:

Well, more entertaining than ms, but not by much. Really concentrated on the "blue ocean" thing. A new zapper, wheel and board thingy. Wii fit and mario kart being the new games of note. Not exactly exciting for the hardcore gamer, but I'll definitely pick up both of them. I predict that wii fit will sell about a trillion copies.

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
xstonexcold316x said:
NO ZELDA!!!

What you talking about Willis? They had a live demo of Zelda.

lol dammit ok NO NEW ZELDA GAME FOR WII!!!

I give it a B+ then, A is a bit too much I guess... very entertaining, relaxing and here and then surprising. Unfortunate with these shows you only hear the local release dates.

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

The over-riding factor for me is the complete 'differentness' of the Nintendo conference to Microsoft, Microsoft say they want to introduce new games and new players to their market etc etc but it's all just bandaid stuff, Nintendo has a philosophy and they are following it.

While I wasn't overly impressed with the amount of content shown at their conference, I am overwhelmed by their idealistic nature and the stepping stones that they have in place to continue the momentum of the Wii to the broad market.

Nintendo is going to so completely own this generation with Wii just like DS has owned the handheld, there is no other way for it to happen, not matter what Sony or Microsoft do now, they are too far behind to follow.

Very odd they only announced 2 new games. And no mention of Disaster, H.A.M.M.E.R`s state, Monolith`s RPG, Camelot`s game, etc. Wonder if they`ll be playable in the show floor.

Around the Network

It was a lot more than I expected to see. I didn't expect Wii Fit to have such an interesting peripheral. I was ready to accept titles being delayed, but everything seems on schedule as well.

B-/B

Wii Fit looks like something I'd buy which surprises me..

Didn't really think Mario Kart would be announced until 08'..

3rd parties will be interesting.  I want to hear about Disaster and the others.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

carlos, don't flame Kwaad.

Either way, I do agree with Kwaad. Nintendo could of gone in for the MS/Sony kill, and thus far, has failed in that. They've done what MS did and just show alot of their upcoming already-known major IPs, just with more gusto.

Wii Health/Fit or whatever could do great, but I'd of prefered Nintendo to announce something that wasn't "wii want your overweight family to play" and more of the classic inventive E-rated uber-gaming of years past. Oh well.

Now can Sony carry the day, or can they?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

I'm at work, so I didn't see the feed, but looking at the Joystiq live blog I'm not seeing anything about third party. Was this a total Nintendo "wank fest"? "Pulling their own rope" per say?

...and what's so great about an exercise game? Am I missing the point of video gaming? I can go outside and run or do push-ups in my living room. :/

I want story lines, new worlds... and things I can't do in real life.

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

Positives:

The Zapper looked pretty cool.

Something about 32 player Multiplayer online Medal of Honor (WTF)

Mario Kart Wii announced with multiple control schemes, online play, a boxed in wheel peripheral, and online battle mode.

Super Mario Galaxy footage was amazing, and we saw a new suit for Mario! Varying gravity levels is awesome as well.

Phantom Hourglass was great looking

Metroid Prime 3 was great looking

The Wii Board was awesome, and could be used in many ways. Wii fitness was pretty cool, despite being casual.

The conference itself was entertaining.

The Negatives:

The fact that he talked about so many online games without SSBB pretty much confirms no online.

No new game announcements other than MK Wii

Way too many montages of people saying they loved the Wii.

That's about it. My breakdown on the conference. My score for it is a B (I gave Microsoft a C for reference).