By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LittleBigPlanet vs Animal Crossing: City Folk

Just wondering, which game do you think will sell better ... Animal Crossing or LittleBigPlanet

Im going with Animal Crossing because the Wii has a huge install base of casual players that would find the game interesting along with traditional nintendo fans who owned the gamecube version and want to purchase the game on Wii.

And if you want, you can predict the reviews for each game.

Im saying:

Animal Crossing: 7.1

LittleBigPlanet: 9.4

Around the Network

AC will sell A LOT better, LBP will get reviewed better.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Animal Crossing by ALOT. In terms of reviews I see animal crossing getting an average of 8.5 on gamerankings(check the other games). Little Big Planet I could see anywhere from 8.0-9.2. Both will be great games though.

LBP will sell 3 million.

Animal Crossing....5 million.

Your Animal Crossing prediction is embarrassingly low.

Animal Crossing (GC)-86.6%
Animal Crossing: Wild World-86.3%

It'll get AT THE VERY LEAST an 83%

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

Animal Crossing should sell better, be more fun, and have a lower average ranking.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

one thing you must remember - when the reviewers were reviewing the previous games, there was no concept of "these graphics could be HD-like, but they are not" in the reviewers minds.. as such, i don't expect an above 80 score for Animal Crossing at all, however I do believe it will outsell LBP, even though i feel LBP will be the better game (for me)

Animal Crossing, EASILY.

This game is like the ultimate example of Nintendo this generation.

A game that appeals to the core if they get past the art style, the casual market and female non-gamers. I expect this to sell just as well as any of Nintendo's non-Wii titled (i.e Wii sports, Wii fit) games.

LBP will be the game I play more though.

I really like LBP and i'm sure it'll do well on its own, but AC:CF will destroy everything in its path...

Proud member of the Fierce Fox Force.

"I strike spurs onto my Wii controller. And against Sony and MS I fling myself,
unvanquished and unyielding. 'O Wii!!!"

-The Nintendian Philosophy

Didn't the Gamecube Animal Crossing just sell 3 million or so? 5 million seems a bit high. Maybe the social aspect will really ramp up sales, but I can remember trying it on the Gamecube and having no idea at all what the big deal is. If I wanted to play a game like that the Sims and the Sims 2 are infinitely better (and MMOs for social gaming). It did come after I had stopped really clicking with most Nintendo games though, so maybe it is super awesome and I just didn't see it.

I really don't see any way that Animal crossing will be better or sell better then Little Big Planet. I think LBP will really be a seachange not only for the PS3 but gaming in general. I mean maybe it won't live up to the hype, but every preview I've read has been glowing and it was a blast to play when I tried the demo out at the SD convention. I just REALLY hope that it has online coop where you can have 1-2 people playing on the console and then the rest playing remotely. It was way better playing with at least one other person (it has a GREAT semi competitive semi cooperative balance) then playing alone. The puzzles that take more then one person to solve were awesome.

PSN ID: ChosenOne feel free to add me