By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Weakest Main Character in History!

Yes, that's what they said in the trailer "the weakest main character in history", LOL.

The popular Prinny from Disgaea is about to have it's own video game entitled "プリニー ~オレが主人公でイイんスか?~" [Prinny: Is it OK if I am the main character?].

Etna, Prinny's 主人様(= 天敵) [owner (= natural enemy)], is furious because her favorite deserts got stolen.  And of course, the poor Prinny are assigned to find the "ultimate desert", or to deal with worse than death punishment.  Prinny has no choice to put on the red scarf (symbol of the main character in Disgaea) with numerous colleagues to start the adventurous journey.

The game is a 2D platform game with the mechanics including slashing, dashing, turnning, running away, flying and jumping, throwing, and Prinny mult-shooting, etc. to pass each level.  But since Prinny is the weakest lowlife in the Netherworld that explodes when receiving attack from or be touched by the enemies, gamers will have 1,000 Prinny to use during the game.  However, if Prinny did not achieve the goal in time, the gamers will receive a "news flash from the hell: all 1,000 Prinny explode to die immediately", and game over.

It seems to me that this game inherits the humorous nature of Disgaea games and should be very fun to play.  If you want to experience the humor of Disgaea but hate to spend countless hours on SRPG, you may want to keep an eye on this game.

This platformer for PSP is scheduled to be released on 11/20 in Japan this year.  Good news for gamers outside Japan, the demo will be released on 9/29 through the PSN store.  Dood, are you ready to have some fun with Prinny?

More screen shots can be found here:
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20080905/prny.htm

From Wikipedia: Prinny
According to the game Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, when a human who has led a worthless life (e.g. a thief or murderer) dies, the soul is sewn into the body of a prinny. After being reborn, the newly created prinny will serve as a soldier, slave, or servant in the Netherworld or Celestia until it has earned reincarnation, and leave its servitude in a ritual involving the Red Moon.

video source: http://gnn.gamer.com.tw/0/32340.html

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

Around the Network

I'll be looking out for this game. Sounds quirky and fun!

Oh, I thought by weak you meant as in character with no depth whatsoever and in that case I was going to be upset if I didn't see Squall from FFVIII.

Thats so adorable :D I do hope that this will get localized :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

twesterm said:
Oh, I thought by weak you meant as in character with no depth whatsoever and in that case I was going to be upset if I didn't see Squall from FFVIII.

I thought the same adn was expecting Squall to come up and I was good and ready to argue for him.

but then I'd throw in Vaan of FFXII.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

Yep.Vaan.

Take my love, take my land..

I was expecting the answer to be Raiden. I am sorely disappointed

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

as the others said
i thought it's gonna be VAN

colonelstubbs said:
I was expecting the answer to be Raiden. I am sorely disappointed

:O Raiden's a G don't even say that lol.

I was expecting this to be another stupid LBP thread...GO PRINNY!!!

Vaan wasn't supposed to be full of depth, he took on the role of a youth who wanted a life of adventure away from poverty who ended up in the middle of a giant political shitstorm. Basically, he was like the player, watching the story unfold. Though if we're going by "which main character has the least depth" I guess I would agree with Vaan.