By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Despite the DS sales being so low in August, it still will surpass the GBA this month, given it's a little more than a million away! This thing should also sell well over the holidays, and there is a great chance Nintendo will meet their expectations with 100 million sold by March. They want to keep this thing alive as long as they can, since this is their most sold system! They probably won't sell 200 million- unless they do like Sony and keep it alive 15 years! It will end up around 150 million, FAR more than any system they had in the past! Remember, the NES only sold 62 million, and that was a VERY dominant system during its time!

30-someting now, 40-something next decade!

Around the Network

August has not exacty been a slow month for DS, so I don't know why you say that.

It has already passed the GBA according to this site (though I thought GBA had just managed 80 million myself)
(Edit: DS shipments are 80.1 million)

Sony has never kept a system alive for 15 years... the PS1 lasted 10 years and a couple of months... the PS2 is 8 years old so far.

Well, it´ll pass the 80 million units mark next week according to our data and we´ll put an article together for it.

sales will do well with the new pokemon

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

woopah said:

More so with Dragon Quest IX.

Around the Network
TWRoO said:
woopah said:

More so with Dragon Quest IX.

DS hardware could be incredible once those two games come out.

we might see a boost in the following weeks with platinum coming out in Japan.

you realize the new silver version of the ds lite is coming out this month, with a media campaign starring liz taylor (or w/e her name is) I think you will see a boost because of this. My gf is getting the silver one for example. If nintendo keeps doing stuff like this the sales will never be below expectations.

Louie said:
Well, it´ll pass the 80 million units mark next week according to our data and we´ll put an article together for it.

According to Nintendo's most recent numbers, the GBA sold 81.24 million

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/library/historical_data/pdf/consolidated_sales_e0806.pdf

So the DS has a few more weeks to go.

Or are those shipped numbers?

Ehhmm...
Low?
What?
Maybe low sales figures compared to sliced bread. ;)

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k
Level 9 - God - Pass 250k
Level 10 - Zeus - Pass 500k

New Table: