By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Spore is HORRIBLY overrated.

SPORE = Boring game with cartoony graphics I tried it a little in my cousins PC and i did not like it...

It deserves a score 7.0 for me and not anything above that

"Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools because they have to say something." PLATO (428 BC-348 BC)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Predictions are never accurate and are a fanboys hobby...Never trust what fanboys say...
Around the Network

Anyone else think Spore is 4 demos and a Space Sim duct taped together??

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Well hell, by you all's standards Sid Mier's Pirates! was 10-15 mini games stapled together with a map so you can choose which one to do.

Fact is you can't play 1 stage of spore and single it out. It's a complete game, singling out a single stage and reviewing it is the same ass me picking up Half-Life 2 and choosing only to review the Physics puzzle elements of Half-Life 2. I mean those puzzles were really good at the start then they got really boring 5 minutes in.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

it is, but i still love it and think it's great

Vasot said:
SPORE = Boring game with cartoony graphics I tried it a little in my cousins PC and i did not like it...

It deserves a score 7.0 for me and not anything above that

You tried the game a 'little' (I assume this means one stage) and declared it boring? Try playing the game right through.

@Gebx

Essentially yes, but they all last about the right amount of time for it to be entertaining in my opinion. Apart from tribal which is rubbish.

Around the Network
shio said:

Too bad Spore is not a crappy game though. Spore has great chances of being GOTY 2008.

If Hell freezes over this year, yes. But really, the game is good, but, come on.

It's not, and will not be, one of the best game this year. Too many AAA titles coming out. Spore is just... good.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

gebx said:

I agree. We'll see in the future the compete versions of those games which I won't get. I just got the game and I rather play Civilization 4 that I played 10 000 times than Spore.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Strategyking92 said:
shio said:

Too bad Spore is not a crappy game though. Spore has great chances of being GOTY 2008.

If Hell freezes over this year, yes. But really, the game is good, but, come on.

It's not, and will not be, one of the best game this year. Too many AAA titles coming out. Spore is just... good.

just good? Spore is a marvel of design, making every phase important and  part of a greater cause. The integration of player as a god into the evolution of species and still being accessible to the average person makes it a success in both fun and sales. The casual aspect won't tire most people if they ever replay the earlier stages a second or third time.

Godot said:
gebx said:

I agree. We'll see in the future the compete versions of those games which I won't get. I just got the game and I rather play Civilization 4 that I played 10 000 times than Spore.

So you expected Spore to be 5 full games?! That would make it even more expensive than GTA IV!! I'm still not sure how people can still say Spore's early phases are bad because they're simplistic... that's just stupid, Spore is supposed to be a Life Simulation game, and in the Cell, Creature and Tribal phases you are playing a primitive species with very limited intelligence... were you expecting your creature to give lectures, train an army or build schools in those phases?

The fact is, many people will likely return and replay those phases because they're accessible AND fun.

And Spore is NOT a Strategy game, so why compare to Civilization IV? It's like people complaining the Gran Turismo series is crap because it's not as realistic as Racing Simulation games like GTR and RACE.

wtf, this sounded like more of a great review under the guise of criticism.

do you not understand that the creation system is procedurally generated, a concept that never leaves the game but is merely used in different ways. procedural generation is almost unconstrained in it's possibilities, and it does it on the fly with very little cpu power needed. that is an unbelievable feat considering the myraid of franken-puters on the market and in homes.

you barely talk about the best part of the game.

you critisize the transitioning even though, imo, the game is about evolving, not about playing the same period for a long time.

imho, the stages lasted too long and were repetative, why would you want to do the same thing over and over.

seems like you would be one to play the sims and then be like wtf they turned into an adult in an instant even though in game time it's been 20 years, and they never aged until a second ago and jumped 10 years. (wtf i pay for things to slowly age over time but i can't afford to pay for a computer to handle 4d....)