By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Major Spore bugs/glitches/crashes EA too busy counting dollars.

akuma587 said:
Gotta love EA. Are they trying to make Spore turn out to be the game that could have been?

Honestly, it already is. I thought Spore could have been better. I've only barely started the Space Stage, but as far as I've played, I thought you could decide to live in your city, even get out of your ship, or just always be able to play your creature and travel the lands on different planets and stuff, but it's filled with individual stages that are not that engaging when you think about it.

The really fun ones are the first two stages, but the rest is a bit too much strategy game style in my opinion. Sure, I'll continue the Space Stage because it's where the game really starts, but I wished I could still play with my creature and stuff! o_o

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network

I also had a random crash in the creature stage, I thought it's because of my graphic card. but it seems the game itself has some problems.

"Kinect" Games I am really excited about (Click for videos)

Kinectimals        Dance Central      Kinect-Sports   Kinect-Adventures    Your Shape       Kinect-Forza

Owner of :   slim 1000 +  80GB DSlite

Million said:

"EA/Maxis have completely ignored their "tech support" spore forum section since it's creation. No statement, no support, nothing.

Known major bugs:
  • Random crashing (primarily in the Space Stage)
  • The bug related to the DasmX86Dll.dll file and the WINMM.dll file
  • SPORE not loading upon startup
  • Unable to download user content
  • License Server Issues
  • Graphical Glitches
  • Mobile Graphics Card Issues (Even supported ones)
  • Possible SECUROM issues
  • Public Content / Buddy Sharing issues
(Please add to these as you see fit)

It should be known that these issues are affecting a VERY large amount of customers - this isn't one or two people, as you can see by the current forum activity.

Buyer beware - if you purchase spore, there's a large chance that it will be completely unplayable. If you're using a laptop, consider Spore an impossibility. No support or statement has yet been offered by EA, or Maxis.

Digg this! : Digg - Spore - seriously buggy, completely unplayable by thousands.

An article which hits the frontpage on digg usually receives a traffic influx of 80,000+ visitors - and considering the amount of free marketing that the digg community has given spore, all those users are definitely entitled to know that they're more than likely to run into problems."

Well... since its only been out officially for one day in PAL and hasnt even come out in North America, their lack of comment on it seems kind of reasonable, it hasnt been out world wide for a single day yet. 

Also, I wonder how many of these people are playing cracked versions, mostly because developers are starting to create bugs that only activate when the coding of the game is messed with.

Anyways, Im still buying it tomorrow the moment I can.

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

I can't get into the tribal phase, the game crashes during the cutscene before it everytime. And I'm using a direct download copy from EA, so I don't think it's securROM related.

No matter how hard you try, EA, I am still buying your game tomorrow, and there's nothing you can do about it!

Around the Network

Strangely enough I haven't had a single crush/bug/problem with spore for the 3 days I've been playing it. It's extreamly stable.
Running on :
Windows XP
Q6600
Geforce 8800 GTS
4GB RAM

I've been saving constantly just in case it does crash.

Playing : PC  AOE, DiRT 2, Runes of Magic, Wings of Prey & Planetside 2  

Wii U : Nintendoland, Super Mario U  & Fifa 2013 demo

DS : Guitar Hero : On Tour

Formerly unknown as Vengi

http://vgchartz.com/profiles/profile.php?id=2331

What the hell? How on Earth do you people have the right to be in an uproar for a game that's been out for one day. One day with no response. Christ, at least half the people complaining HAVE to be playing pirated copies. Give them a few minutes to breathe.

Sometimes I really hate the internet.

naznatips said:
What the hell? How on Earth do you people have the right to be in an uproar for a game that's been out for one day. One day with no response. Christ, at least half the people complaining HAVE to be playing pirated copies. Give them a few minutes to breathe.

Sometimes I really hate the internet.

The game was in development for many years, if they cant make the game operational Day 1 then why should we not be pissed. But historically that always happens with EA games, I remember trying to play Battlefield2142 on the first day of its release. They had a patch that fixed one problem but caused another, if i remember correctly it took 2-3 patches after the game came out before it was playable.

Proud owner of the following gaming devices:

PC, XBox 360, Wii, PS2, DS, PS3

I DLed the game last night. Logged on this morning. It crashed once due to some really bad graphic issue... but no biggy.
I move to Tribal and it completely locks up on me. Log out, try again... still locked up. I would put the bug as a major bug.

Now with that said... I did not expect anything less.
Those whining and crying are relatively new to gaming. I am sure some young gun is going to throw up some history to debunct my statement but the reality is when you write hours upon hours of code for a game that will be played over a number of system set ups... guess what.... things happen.

I know the bugs I have encountered are completely recoverable... not necessarily today... but relatively quick.

So... put down the class action law suit... open your window and learn there is a world out there and when you are perfect every time... then you can open your mouth.

Reality folks... it happens.

The issues aren't that major - I've had one friend who couldn't get it to work, but I don't know what his comp is like.

I have had the game crash on me twice in about 15-20 hours of gameplay - both times were within 10 minutes of me using alt tab to minimise the game - so my advice would be if your computer, like mine only just has the required stats, don't use alt tab and you'll be fine.

(in my defence, I'm from Aus btw, so the 15 hours isn't as sad as it sounds - its over quite a few days