By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Am I the only one who wants the next Gen. to start in 20 months from now?

DirtyP2002 said:
blazinhead89 said:
Hell no, The longer we the generation goes on the better, Plus all the Top quality games can get sequels. the longer this generation lasts the better the next consoles will be.

You don't think the games will get sequels on another advanced console?

The sequels will, generally be better because developers can squeeze every ounce of strength out of the console.

Around the Network

Rest assured, this will be the most disjointed generation since the Famicom started the 8-bit era in 1983. While we may see a few jump-start attempts to bring about the next generation of systems, I doubt as early as 2012 is even a reasonable target date for the authentic start of a new generation.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

DirtyP2002 said:
blazinhead89 said:
Hell no, The longer we the generation goes on the better, Plus all the Top quality games can get sequels. the longer this generation lasts the better the next consoles will be.

You don't think the games will get sequels on another advanced console?

You think they won't be announced for this set of consoles if a new set isn't announced? What do you stand to gain by buying new hardware?

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

20 months is way too early. The seventh generation consoles are just getting started and are bound to have a lot more revolutionary titles coming out soon and in the coming years. I am hoping that there won't be a next gen console sooner than 2012.

Currently Playing: Mario Kart 7, Mario Kart 8, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros for Wii U

Predictions:

Super Mario Galaxy will pass Super Mario 64 in total sales CORRECT!

Wow!!!! This made no sense for me whatsoever.

Hypothetical game company conversation:
New consoles are out. Let's make our good games.
Later: Good games are done, let's make crappy games until new consoles are out.

WTF?!?!?

Around the Network

Sky Render, so we can definitely expect this generation to last longer than the usual 5/6 years past gens have had?

not me... I want this gen to last more longer... maybe longer than the usual 6 year cycle we always had before.

Think this gen should be longer than with ps2, gamecube and xbox beacuse it takes much longer too develop games for this console genaration than previous.

Your argument is disjointed and flawed. There were plenty of games, maybe even the best games of last generation released the last 2 years of those consoles lives. God of War II, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and Shadow of the Colossus all wave and say hi, they say they have about 20 other friends waiting to talk to you.

Plus the next twenty months puts us at what? Less than 5 years for the 360 and less than 4 years for the Wii and PS3? I dont know how much you make, but I make a good living, and the thought of 1,500 dollars worth of consoles all becoming virtually obsolete that quickly would make me just go back to PC gaming and dump consoles all together.

At least if I dump 1,500 dollars on a computer (sans monitor) today it could run most games on a degrading visual slide for the next 8 years. What you are basically saying is that Consoles and PC should switch their roles?

The big benefit of console gaming was having a machine that would be good for longer then a typical PC for gaming.

No, Im sorry but this consle generation will last at least 5-6 years, more than likely 6-7 years.

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

No, I just got my Xbox, and I want it to be useful for at least another 2 and a bit years, preferably 3. That also allows Epic and Insomniac time to do Gears/Resistance trilogies on these platforms, another GTA, more ND goodness. I dont want this gen to end just as devs are managing to shorten dev times and costs, and getting the best out of the hardware, there is very little need to move on for a while yet