By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Am I the only one who wants the next Gen. to start in 20 months from now?

I haven't even gotten a PS3 yet... This generation can't end until I own all three consoles!

Kingdom Hearts 3 Bet: If Kingdom Hearts 3 becomes a multiplaform title/is not Wii exclusive then I will be banished from this land for 1 week and sing my praises to those who have proved themselves to be more intelligent than I.http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/RDBRaptor/rdbraptor_sig16.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">
My Anime List

Around the Network

New consoles 20 months from now would absolutely suck. Take a look at how much support the PS2 still gets. It is a ten year old console and still has something like 60 games coming out on it for the rest of 2008. Although I'm sure Microsoft will not be too late and disappoint you by a lot, I hope we don't see new consoles till at least 2012.

Yeah, It would be terrible for the next gen to start that early. I could elaborate on this, but it looks like everyone else already has.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

mrstickball said:
Personally? I'd rather have this gen go on for 10 years...Let the technology mature to where the next generation is a huge leap, rather than a small one after 4-5 years.

This would suit me just fine.

mrstickball said:
As others have said, the PS2 has churned out some VERY gorgeous games 6-8 years into it's lifespan. Personally? I'd rather have this gen go on for 10 years...Let the technology mature to where the next generation is a huge leap, rather than a small one after 4-5 years.

QFT

Around the Network

Yeah, I'm not too excited because I don't think PS3, 360 or Wii have come anywhere near to GAMEPLAY optimization.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

I'm excited about the next gen, but I shant be buying an 8th gen console until I finish uni I suspect, so that's Christmas 2011

Regardless, I don't see any point the next gen being that soon.

For Ninty, why would they when they're making so much money on both DS and Wii
For Sony, the parent company will want the games division to recoup alot of lost money before they spend big on R&D
For MS, it's still too soon, but not by much. I envisage the 720 released in 26 months (November 2010)
For Consumers, It's much too soon, leave it a bit longer, let some of my favourite 6th gen games get sequels and allow technology to advance more
For Apple or any other company, I would still say 26 months as a bare minimum

I want it to start soon, too. That is if next xbox will have full bc.

scottie said:
I'm excited about the next gen, but I shant be buying an 8th gen console until I finish uni I suspect, so that's Christmas 2011

Regardless, I don't see any point the next gen being that soon.

For Ninty, why would they when they're making so much money on both DS and Wii
For Sony, the parent company will want the games division to recoup alot of lost money before they spend big on R&D
For MS, it's still too soon, but not by much. I envisage the 720 released in 26 months (November 2010)
For Consumers, It's much too soon, leave it a bit longer, let some of my favourite 6th gen games get sequels and allow technology to advance more
For Apple or any other company, I would still say 26 months as a bare minimum

I think most people know that being the 4th console = loosing alot of money for nothing. I would almost bet my house on no company entering the disc based home console business while MS, Nintendo and Sony are making them. Look at all the failures that have come out of 4 console eras. They are spectacular.

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

I also enjoy dropping $700 for a console, only to play it for 3 years (which'll be how long I've had my PS3 for in 20 months time) before it becomes outdated by the next console.