By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - IGN Release Dates Update: BWs 2, Nights, Manhunt 2, Mario & Sonic dates!

Check it out for yourselves - remember these are USA dates.

http://wii.ign.com/index/release.html

No word yet on Brawl or Galaxy...but

Manhunt 2- October now

Mario & Sonic - Nov 20

Batallion Wars II - Oct 29

Nights - November 13

Metroid Prime 3 - still Aug 27

Soul Calibur Legends - Still Nov 6

Wii Music - still October

Galaxy Wars - Nov

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network

Thanks for the info Source :D

NiGHTS is just in time for my birthday on 11/21 :)

Battalion Wars wasn't a September game? :(

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

Man, wonder where Brawl and Galaxy is. Wonder when Sonic Rush is coming. Need something to tide me over.

Those games are not Brawl or Galaxy!

GRARAGHHAG!!!

nice list anyway...the Wii's first year might not be such a drought in the end.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Manhunt 2? Really?

Wii # 4594 3226 7132 0861 (please PM me your if you add me, so I can add you too!)

Taltosh

I wonder if we'll be seeing any of these in Europe before autumn 2009...

Alright, Disaster and Dragon Blade in September.  Batallion Wars 2, Manhunt 2, and RE: Umbrella Chronicles in October.  Soulcalibur, NiGHTS, and Fire Emblem in November.  Damn, I'm going to be spending a lot and we still don't even have release dates for No More Heroes, Mario, and Smash Bros.

One thing really pisses me off, though.  We have to wait until frickin October to get Manhunt 2.  I'm sure there's a long complicated process involved, but 3 damned months to cut some content out of a game?  They wouldn't have to take out much, Postal 2 got an M rating and the violence in that game is absurd.  It's amazing how much they can actually get away with in games.  They can't get away with squat in movies, that's why half of the horror movies released have an unrated version.  I saw Hostel and I can't believe how overhyped the violence in that movie was, there were only like 2 minutes of torture scenes and the really gross stuff happened off camera(like the guy getting holes drilled in him).  Compare that to some 1970s Italian horror movies and you'll see just how tame R-rated movies are.  They definitely went way too far if it got an AO rating. *sigh*  I just hope it's worth the wait.  I hope it sells well, too.  They might make a GTA game on the Wii if it does.

*EDIT - Nevermind, it looks like they're going the legal route instead which means this game probably won't be out in October.  Why don't they just swallow their pride and cut out some of the content in the game?  Rockstar always had to push the limits of the M rating and they finally pushed it to far. They need to live with ratings system, it's far more lenient than moves.

Seriously, I'm thinking it might be worth my while to skip out on purchasing a PS3 right now and blow the $500 on Wii games this Holiday Season.

It seems I'll need that much to get all the stellar titles anyways...

"There are three types of lies : Lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli ( Made famous by Mark Twain )

PSN ID: DeviantPathways

Wii Number: 0081 3044 1559 2355

DoesWhatNintenDont said:
Seriously, I'm thinking it might be worth my while to skip out on purchasing a PS3 right now and blow the $500 on Wii games this Holiday Season.

It seems I'll need that much to get all the stellar titles anyways...

Go for it. I'm going to get about 10 Wii games.  I just listed them last post.