By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Conduit is starting to get overhyped.

the only hype is from this site.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

Overhyped doesn't hurt sales.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

@strategyking

so this is the only site you visit then....

DKII said:
I have to say, I was a little reserved on The Conduit myself until I actually got to play it, it really is coming together great so far.

More justification for the hype!

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz

I will stop putting it on a pedestal as soon as all the rest of you stop putting all those other stereotypical sci fi shooters on ones as well.. which yes include Resistance 2 and Gears 2.

Personally the only reason I'm looking forward to Conduit is I need another online FPS for the Wii.

Around the Network
Zucas said:
I will stop putting it on a pedestal as soon as all the rest of you stop putting all those other stereotypical sci fi shooters on ones as well.. which yes include Resistance 2 and Gears 2.

Personally the only reason I'm looking forward to Conduit is I need another online FPS for the Wii.

Gears is anything but generic in all ways but the story.  The gameplay is highly original, and exceptionally satisfying.  No other game before or since has been able to replicate it, and not for lack of trying.

That said, Conduit also looks great

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Zucas said:

The biggest difference is those games come from developers who have released good games. I agree it is stupid and annoying to put them on pedastalls but there is at least some good reason for it.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

I don't know about u people, but I'm hyped due to the developer's comments and stance towards the Wii rather than the graphics / peripheral compatibility / other.

DKII said:
I have to say, I was a little reserved on The Conduit myself until I actually got to play it, it really is coming together great so far.

Ok. Spill the beans. Now.

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

DMeisterJ said:
Agreed with gnizmo.

HVS made 50 cent bullet-proof.

'nuff said.

But really, the game is overhyped. I also agree with Kasz. As soon as the screens came out, it was apparently as good looking as a 360 game (there was a thread on this). That's before any info even came out, just a couple of screens.

So yes, it's been overhyped since it's inception.

Not 'nuff said. They made the PSP version of that game, which was reviewed as mediocre, but playable.

As for the screens, I give that, but some of the Wii bashers claim some of the high detail Wii games look worse than a PS2 game, so that's more proof of fanboys being fanboys than this game being overhyped.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs