By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Conduit is starting to get overhyped.

@Chasmatic
tehsage is talking about wii, not several generations of console shooters.

Around the Network

Starting?

I haven't seen or heard really anything about his game except a few screenshots and it's from a little known developer.

I think the game was overhyped the minute it was announced the way everyone jumped over it.

perculator said:
@Chasmatic
tehsage is talking about wii, not several generations of console shooters.

I know. Regardless of what he meant, there aren't billions of games like The Conduit; that's my point. They plot might be conventional, but the controls automatically put it in a league of it's own (in my opinion). Also, I can't think of many FPS/puzzle games other than Portal.

@Million: Only graphics? What about the online modes, the LAN play, the use of WiiSpeak and the fully customizable controls, like it has never happened before.
Also the rumours about it using M+.

I think you need to get real, this game has a ton of effort poured, it's not just another generic shooter. It's possibly the best FPS so far for the Wii, that's why people are excited. And it's coming from a third party dev.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

It's not overhyped. It's that the hype is too narrow. Overhype is when the mainstream starts getting sick of it. See Snakes on a Plane and Godzilla in name only.

This game needs to get hype to the mainstream to sell.

And if Ubisoft were publishing it, and stated they were going to make sure it got good marketing, I wouldn't mind. And it would convince people that Ubisoft does care about the Wii. Remember it was just one mod trolling his site that was claiming otherwise.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

The Conduit is starting to get overhyped?

That's a statement equivalent to "The sun is a little bit warm" or "George W. Bush is starting to loose approval"

Oh it will be fun when the Conduit will be released.

@Kyros: So what can you say about LBP then? Or is this just another of your troll and run posts?

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Kasz216 said:

Starting?

I haven't seen or heard really anything about his game except a few screenshots and it's from a little known developer.

I think the game was overhyped the minute it was announced the way everyone jumped over it.

The developer is not exactly little known. They have a long history of terrible games under their belt. Of course if you mention this the people over-hyping The Conduit will quickly come out with a list of excuses released by the company for why those games sucked and promises (but no real evidence) that The Conduit is different.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

People are excited for it, but there isn't hype like:

TC will sell 5 million copies
Boost Wii sales
Push Wii graphics to the MAX
Best FPS today

That is hype.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

SaviorX said:
People are excited for it, but there isn't hype like:

Boost Wii sales
Push Wii graphics to the MAX
Best FPS today

That is hype.

You might want to check more threads with The Conduit as the topic of conversation. Those have absolutely been said.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229