By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Conduit is starting to get overhyped.

It probably won't have mines like in Goldeneye... I agree, way overhyped..

Around the Network
Riot Of The Blood said:
LBP might be cool though. However, The Conduit's potential is limited because of the console it's on. No way it could ever hope to compare with the high quality FPS out/coming out. But LBP could be beyond anything of it's type if it doesn't flop.

Sorry, but the PS3 doesn't have limitless potential either. And claiming the Wii is "more limited" is not good enough, because you're putting the hardware above the talent of the developers.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

: So what can you say about LBP then?

LBP is a truly innovativ game. I don't know if it will be a huge sales success but it's pushing the envelope in so many different areas. The Conduit on the other hand is probably the most generic FPS that will come out for a long long time. So mentioning both games in one sentence is truly insulting to LBP.

Sorry, but innovative is not the only measure of whether a game is any good, and you know it.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

DMeisterJ said:
Maynard_Tool said:
Its kinda overhype....but NEVER at the same level than LBP.

Correct.

Since the game won't be as good as LBP the hype shouldn't be as good.

Well we should wait for both games to come out...i mean, people were saying Lair was going to be the NEXT big shit!!! and would you just look at that...

And i guess it also depends on the person. Some people would believe LBP its better...others would believe the conduit will be better. And since they are SO different....i guess saying one would be better than the other one its just stupid ;)

Around the Network
321tttrini4everz said:
yea, i really realized they nintendo fans made it hype on this site
i hate the game,it looks like a snowblind rip off (i love snowblind)..although snowblind is mainly machines......

why isn't medal of honor heroes 2 so hyped when it is the best fps on the wii????

MHH2 isnt hyped in Aus because they took out online play because EA were to stingy to provide servers to play on. I am not sure how other countries got effect.

Kyros said:

LBP is a truly innovativ game. I don't know if it will be a huge sales success but it's pushing the envelope in so many different areas. The Conduit on the other hand is probably the most generic FPS that will come out for a long long time. So mentioning both games in one sentence is truly insulting to LBP.

Another troll and run post. How stupid is to say LBP is innovative. How is it innovative? Other than shared content, I see no innovation there. I'm not hating the game but you leave me no other choice. The Conduit is innovating in terms of controls. How do you even know it will be generic. I could say the same thing about LBP, like it's late to the party and that Super Mario World was the greatest platformer ever, making this another generic platformer with generic characters.

You better stay away from this thread, although I see no mods ever warn you about your trolling sprees. So you can continue doing it whenver you want.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
Kyros said:

Another troll and run post. How stupid is to say LBP is innovative. How is it innovative? Other than shared content, I see no innovation there. I'm not hating the game but you leave me no other choice. The Conduit is innovating in terms of controls. How do you even know it will be generic. I could say the same thing about LBP, like it's late to the party and that Super Mario World was the greatest platformer ever, making this another generic platformer with generic characters.

You better stay away from this thread, although I see no mods ever warn you about your trolling sprees. So you can continue doing it whenver you want.

ROFL. So because you point at the screen to aim that makes it innovative? Two years ago maybe. I agree that the Conduit is the most generic looking game I've seen in a while.

It makes me kinda sad that every thread about this game gets 100 replies, but I could make a thread about FarCry 2 and it would probably get bumped off the front page in 30 seconds.

I suppose I can't blame you guys - you just don't know any better. Seriously, you'd be "trolling" too if you'd ever played a real current generation FPS.

I have played COD4 on the PC as well as Crysis, and yes graphics were great and all. But I found MP3 the best FPS experience overall. And you know I'm answering to him like that because reporting here doesn't do anything. It's funny how you went from being a mindless Nintendo fan to a mindless Nintendo hater, that you have the guts to defend a know hater.

The Conduit will have the option to fully customize the controls, maybe not an innovation, but a better FPS experience than anything from before. And by your logic SMG is generic because it doesn't have teh shinny graphix.

Let's wait until we see more of The Conduit, I'm not saying it will be the best game ever made, but you have to give credits to HVS. Not like a lot of HD fanboys that come here to bash a game they know nothing about, because there is almost no info so far about the game itself.

Bashing for the pleasure of bashing should be a bannable offense, and there is no one taking care of this troll and run posters.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
I have played COD4 on the PC as well as Crysis, and yes graphics were great and all. But I found MP3 the best FPS experience overall. And you know I'm answering to him like that because reporting here doesn't do anything. It's funny how you went from being a mindless Nintendo fan to a mindless Nintendo hater, that you have the guts to defend a know hater.

The Conduit will have the option to fully customize the controls, maybe not an innovation, but a better FPS experience than anything from before. And by your logic SMG is generic because it doesn't have teh shinny graphix.

Let's wait until we see more of The Conduit, I'm not saying it will be the best game ever made, but you have to give credits to HVS. Not like a lot of HD fanboys that come here to bash a game they know nothing about, because there is almost no info so far about the game itself.

Bashing for the pleasure of bashing should be a bannable offense, and there is no one taking care of this troll and run posters.

He's allowed to have an opinion. It's not trolling just because he doesn't worship the game.

And I'm not a mindless Nintendo hater, but I'm not a mindless Nintendo fanboy either. Meaning I'm not stupid enough to think Link could beat Kratos and I'm able to say what I think without being biased.
I don't criticize the other consoles because I don't own them (until today, so you can expect me to bash the ps3 a bit in future :P)

And that Mario Galaxy comment was retarded. Where did I say the The Conduit looks generic just because it isn't HD?

Also, I agree with you about MP3 being better than COD4 and Crysis :)