By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft: we will finish 2nd

Yogi Bera once said "it gets late early out there" and he also said "we made too many wrong mistakes". Between RROD and the explosion of the Wii in 2006- its fairly clear that it got late early to try to beat Nintendo and they made alot of bad mistakes with RROD. I've heard the RROD stuff is what prevented a 360 price drop for the Wii & PS3 launch in Nov 2006

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network

Does Microsoft really think they will finish in second place? They'd be able to do a much better job of that if they weren't losing to Sony each and every week -- and to be honest Sony hasn't even released a big exclusive since June 12th yet the PS3 is still pounding the 360 in worldwide sales every week.

Two weeks ago Microsoft lost to Sony by more than 50,000 units and last week they lost by more than 70,000 units including by 40,000 in Europe last week where the 360 has been getting pounded by the PS3 even though ithe 360 has been at the $199.99 price tag there since last Spring. What is Microsoft going to do to generate more sales of their console over there? Start standing on the street corner and see if they can give the things away?

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

Quote --->  about X360, MS made a BIG anti-piracy system, it is called 3RLs, or RRoD. I know a bunch of ppl afraid to open a X360 and void warrant because they will need it... 

poor m$,came to the market first with the 360,got outsold by the wii(which was released a year after the 360),now PS3 is following the same trend by outselling the 360 weekly.......

m$ speak about the PS3 as if it was released the same year as the 360.....
m$ has to resort to dropping the 360 price because they realized they already lost the market and now losing usa...

all m$ can do right now is boast about their lead over PS3 while their time is running out

Isn't aiming for 2nd just admitting defeat? Does this only serve to highlight that when setting goals M$ are more short term than long term? And does that bode well for their consumers when you realise the machine you support doesn't even have the full backing of the company which makes it?

Around the Network
11ht11 said:
i wonder what they will say, if they finish in third

"We won!"

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

DMeisterJ said:
Sony: No you wont.

Nintendo: (laugh)

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

celine said:
DMeisterJ said:

Nintendo: (laugh) ooo wait ! we haven't reached 100 million mark with one console although we was on the market so long 

fixed

Two many factors to determine who will be where. It's almost guaranteed Nintendo has won, that's a given. I think Sony has a lot of momentum now and the 360 needs to railroad it in order to come in second. Price drop is a start, HUGE games needs to be next, followed by some XBL related features.

321tttrini4everz said:
celine said:
DMeisterJ said:

Nintendo: (laugh) ooo wait ! we haven't reached 100 million mark with one console although we was on the market so long 

fixed

I like bitter tears, keep it up

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.