By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - birthdays might be un-islamic

MrBubbles said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
TWRoO said:
superchunk said:
That is the most stupidest thing ever. As a Muslim who has read the Qur'an multiple times I get so irritated at how Saudi and many other groups have allowed Islamic teachers slowly turn into something similar to Catholic Priests.

"Catholic preists aren't Fascists.... Fascists go around wearing black and telling people what to do, wheras priests...... errr MORE DRINKS!"

Lulz.  What's that from?

Father Ted

There he is on the left.

Around the Network
TWRoO said:
MrBubbles said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
TWRoO said:
superchunk said:
That is the most stupidest thing ever. As a Muslim who has read the Qur'an multiple times I get so irritated at how Saudi and many other groups have allowed Islamic teachers slowly turn into something similar to Catholic Priests.

"Catholic preists aren't Fascists.... Fascists go around wearing black and telling people what to do, wheras priests...... errr MORE DRINKS!"

Lulz.  What's that from?

Father Ted

There he is on the left.

Lulz... Father Ted, best sitcom about religion ever.

OT: I know a few of my Muslim friends don't celebrate thier birthday, same as some Jehovas witness's I know. I however think that birthdays should not be linked to religion in a ny way and should be celebrated by freedom of choice. who is a religion to dictate whether you should celebrate coming of age or not...

This is one of the many MANY reasons I am athiest.

I hate the way Saudi's try and impose their version of my religion on everyone...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Wow. That is just dumb. How many people celebrate their birthday? Like almost everyone.

No religion would make me not celebrate mine.

The problem with some Islamic countries is that they mix culture and religion to the point that it's hard to differentiate between the two.

Birthdays isn't that extreme of an example but there are other situations like honor killings which are entirely based off of a backwards culture which people now believe was meant to be part of the religion.

I don't know exactly what the deal is with not celebrating birthdays but I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was a similar situation.