By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - T2 won't rule out GTA Wii

niksta2 said:
correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that the wii couldn't handle GTA's huge world , and the physics are probably pretty complex for it as well

niksta2 said:

sorry, I meant that the wii probably can't handle gta4 (as in, next-gen gta)

I had no doubts that the wii is able to run SOME kind of GTA

correct me if i'm wrong.. but the DS also can't handle GTA 4.. perhaps with this line of thinking, you can come to a conclusion on how GTA can possibly run on wii

Around the Network
Soriku said:
colonelstubbs said:
Makes sense. The wii sells well. GTA sells well. Now they might sell well....together

Not only that but GTA is very casual (it's more of a Casual-Core bridge title though). GTA would sell a lot on the Wii.

By that logic, sports games should sell better on the Wii than the other platforms. After all, they're the most casual games next to possibly music games such as Guitar Hero and Rock Band. Obviously you didn't specify a certain amount of sales, but it wouldn't sell nearly as well relative to the size of the userbase.

Also, to the person who said that the Wii couldn't handle GTA, uhh........what? The PSP and DS aren't nearly as strong as the Wii and the PSP has already seen a couple of GTA games and the DS will see one. The PS2 got several GTA games despite being much less powerful than the Wii. Hell, even the original Playstation got GTA games (not to mention early PCs).

MontanaHatchet said:
Soriku said:
colonelstubbs said:
Makes sense. The wii sells well. GTA sells well. Now they might sell well....together

Not only that but GTA is very casual (it's more of a Casual-Core bridge title though). GTA would sell a lot on the Wii.

By that logic, sports games should sell better on the Wii than the other platforms. After all, they're the most casual games next to possibly music games such as Guitar Hero and Rock Band. Obviously you didn't specify a certain amount of sales, but it wouldn't sell nearly as well relative to the size of the userbase.

Also, to the person who said that the Wii couldn't handle GTA, uhh........what? The PSP and DS aren't nearly as strong as the Wii and the PSP has already seen a couple of GTA games and the DS will see one. The PS2 got several GTA games despite being much less powerful than the Wii. Hell, even the original Playstation got GTA games (not to mention early PCs).

6-7 million?

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Oh boy! Were gonna have Mario robing cars.

Anyways, anyone recall GTA Advance? I remember how amazing that game was!

Take Two has been saying this kind of stuff since like March 07...

Keep on dreaming...

Soriku said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Soriku said:
colonelstubbs said:

It doesn't have to sell as well as other versions but it would still sell very well regardless.

Just as GTA advance?

Around the Network

^GTA Advance was GTA 2 a top down game ported to that hardware. 3D GTAs are the ones that sell ass loads.

rasone77 said:
^GTA Advance was GTA 2 a top down game ported to that hardware. 3D GTAs are the ones that sell ass loads.

Yes, except GTA II out sold it like 4-1...

Lolcislaw said:
Well it would be suprising if they would ignore the best selling console this generation, and GTA is a franchise that guarantees money. Chinatown Wars will sell on DS which would make release on the Wii, also the low development costs would add into that.

It'll be interesting to see if Chinatown Wars can top the PSP GTA games (Liberty City Stories with 4.99 million and Vice City Stories with 2.7 million).  Anyone here willing to put it on the line and bet it'll surpass Liberty City Stories?

General public Response: NARRR, Wii es teh Cazual Mackine. Grand teefft autro wii defineatley sellz horibles. wiis pius grand teeft autro eqauls penis.

Micheal Pacter: Due to the significant lead over it's closest competitors, and the fact that GTA IV has already sold 10 million units on HD platforms, known for their reduced profit margin, the combination of the one of the highest selling intellectual properties, coupled with the wii, which is currently the highest selling computer entertainment platform available in this generation, close to 50% of the marketshare, this ideal move is bound to sell more copies than Carnival games, and lead to an increased annual revenue for Take two and it's investors. Simply put, it is a smart move, and due to the fact that the wii is not an HD platform, they will not have to spend the immensive value of $100 million and still have an increased profit margin than GTA IV.

Nintendo fans: I'll accept any 3rd party support, even if i will never buy it. The wii is definately a change. The GC would have never even received a mention of a combination with GTA.

Sephiroth357 said:
rasone77 said:

Yes, except GTA II out sold it like 4-1...

That may be the case, but who in their right mind would buy GTA2 after GTA3 came out.