By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii market share...

The last time Nintendo had a system that had 50% market share was the Super Nintendo Entertainment System. The Wii has 47% now. It will be really tough for Nintendo to gain another 3% market share with competetion from both Sony and Microsoft, but not unheard of, as it has the 47% now. My question is whether or not you think the Wii will achieve 50% market share, and if so, when?

30-someting now, 40-something next decade!

Around the Network

Suggesting that their is a possibility that Wii will not reach 50% marketshare is a very deliquent thought on this site.

we had this thread many times D=

my guess.. maybe by x-mas...

I've always said every time a topic like this comes up that I don't think it will quite get there, but I'd like it too.

Does it matter ? In 2012 you ask that question again, then will be relevant. Wii will be the top seller of this gen. The market share in the end will only fuel ninty fanboys jokes about the other consoles. What we´ve learned after 8 gens is that the next gen just ignore the last one results and start all over again.

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network

That doesn't answer the question. You obviously think they will, so when?

30-someting now, 40-something next decade!

Didn't it used to have over 50%?

It seems like it's market share is going down, mostly because of the price drops of other systems. I don't see Nintendo sales dropping off anytime soon, but with the sales of PS3 increasing I'm not sure that Nintendo will enjoy that kind of Market share for the rest of the generation.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

@ above.

I don't think it ever had 50% of the marketshare. However, I do think it will by the end of January '09.

It might happen after holiday season with the precentage growing steadily before christmas, if not then later but it will happen.

doubt it. look at the ps3 in others and america sales are raising. and with the amount the 360 sells on average they 2 outsell the wii now (combined i mean)