By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - the king of kong

did any one watch this on g4 i did and i loved it steve weibe is one of the best gamers ever and billy mitchell is a DB

and there is one quote that has stuck to me as an amzing quote

WORK IS FOR PEOPLE THAT CANT PLAY VIDEO GAMES

Around the Network

terrific movie. My favourite line was

"just so you know, we have a potential Donkey Kong Kill screen"

They're so damn nerdy!

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

King of Kong was great.

stof said:
terrific movie. My favourite line was

"just so you know, we have a potential Donkey Kong Kill screen"

They're so damn nerdy!

Yeah, that was classic.

It's amazing how much drama can come from such an inconsequential thing.

I thought it was a great movie. Didn't know that there would be so much drama though lolz

My blog: TsalagiDragon on Wordpress

My online store: Tsalagi Dreams 

My Twitter: @Scary4Eva

Around the Network

Donkey Kong sucks!

It's an interesting docudrama, but take it with a bag of salt.  Alot of information has been omitted.

The Twin Galaxies site addresses some of their concerns with KoK.

link

Obi-Wan: I felt a great disturbance in the Industry, as if millions of fanboys suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. 

Geared said:

It's an interesting docudrama, but take it with a bag of salt.  Alot of information has been omitted.

link

I don't really know, but I have read accusations in a number of places that Twin Galaxies has been trying to rewrite history since the release of the movie; that after the movie came out they did their best to cover up what jerks they were, then began declaring the movie to be false. (it was probably six months ago that the lore surrounding the events of the film really interested me, so I'm afraid I don't have any links)

Now it goes without saying that it is impossible to make a documentary that doesn't take some angle - so I am by no means saying that the makers of King of Kong have given us the whole truth. However, there are some statements made in the movie that seem very difficult to take out of context which the people making the statements now claim to have never held such views.

Be a part of the change.

Go to Funspot in New Hampshire.

Remember, live free or die, death is not the worst of evils.

If you are going to Funspot, message me as I may be able to go, hang out, play you in wac-a-mole, and share the secrets of VGChartz.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

astrosmash said:
Geared said:

link

I don't really know, but I have read accusations in a number of places that Twin Galaxies has been trying to rewrite history since the release of the movie; that after the movie came out they did their best to cover up what jerks they were, then began declaring the movie to be false. (it was probably six months ago that the lore surrounding the events of the film really interested me, so I'm afraid I don't have any links)

Now it goes without saying that it is impossible to make a documentary that doesn't take some angle - so I am by no means saying that the makers of King of Kong have given us the whole truth. However, there are some statements made in the movie that seem very difficult to take out of context which the people making the statements now claim to have never held such views.

True enough, I'm sure it all depends on your point of view.  But there are some facts on the site that can't be disputed.   Such as Wiebe holding the record for three years before Billy Mitchell's videotape came along. And when Wiebe broke the intial record, he broke Tim Sczerby's score and not Billy Mitchell's.  Mitchell had actually lost it to Sczerby, and he held the record for almost a year before Wiebe came along.  So when those people come to supposedly, "search" Wiebe's home, Mitchell didn't even have the title for at least a year.

I agree with you that most of the other gripes depends on your perspective.  But I think those are some glaring omissions.

Obi-Wan: I felt a great disturbance in the Industry, as if millions of fanboys suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.