By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Jack Tretton! HAHAHA! Oh man.... -WEEZY-

Meathands said:

ssj12 said:

well.. PS3 vs 360 sales of the first 7 months the PS3 is selling faster. The Wii.. is just... something unexpected. I wonder why they didnt say how bad the 360 is doing agaiinst the Wii too.. oh wait.. NBC is owned by Microsoft..

Go look at the worldwide aligned charts again, PS3 has fallen under the 360 line and is trending downwards. Although I'm sure it'll get a temp boost from the recent value add.

As to the NBC comment.

NBC is owned by GE not MS.
MSNBC is is 80% GE and 20% MS.
This broadcast was CNBC which is 80% GE 20% Vivendi and has no connection to MS.

CNBC is a financial channel. The only thing the are "fanboys" of is making money. A price cut on a product within a year of launch is a sign of a delay of profits. The same as the MS warranty, which is a big hit on potential profitability of the MS Home/Entertainment division. Tretton should have been far better prepared and at least have something more to say then "10 year plan" before committing to the interview.

I completely agree.  Thanks for adding some logic to the post.  I wonder what he was expecting to be asked about from a financial channel lol.

Around the Network
naznatips said:
I just crack up every time he says "10 year lifecycle." Sony's management needs to learn how to shut up.

why not 10 years, its not obsolete tech like the wii that is short term.

what was funny about that...

"what was funny about that..."

==> Nothing in fact lol

Time to Work !

Celb said:
naznatips said:
I just crack up every time he says "10 year lifecycle." Sony's management needs to learn how to shut up.

why not 10 years, its not obsolete tech like the wii that is short term.

The PS3 is already obsolete tech.  Crysis blew away everything the PS3 has/will have and it did it within a year of the PS3's launch.  The difference is the Wii doesn't depend on having the best graphics, the PS3 does.  The future development of more advanced PC graphics can only hurt it.  Why not 10 years?  Because so far it's an unbelievable failure.  It's selling worse than the Saturn and Dreamcast did in Japan... did they last 10 years?  It's got a 4-5 year life cycle.  The winner determines how long their console lasts, not the loser.  The PS2 is incredibly outdated but still sells amazingly well 7 years after launch.  Why?  The WINNER is the one that gets the long life.

Around the Network

I don't understand what "obsolete tech" is...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

yea what is funny about the ps3 having a 10 year cycle. the ps2 is already in its 7th and will probably reach 8 or 9. that is my understanding and I'm pretty sure that is what they mean.

EDIT: the PS3 is hardly obsolete technology. not everyone has the money to update their PCs constantly. 

NightStalker said:

yea what is funny about the ps3 having a 10 year cycle. the ps2 is already in its 7th and will probably reach 8 or 9. that is my understanding and I'm pretty sure that is what they mean.

EDIT: the PS3 is hardly obsolete technology. not everyone has the money to update their PCs constantly.

The PS2 was an incredibly succesful console with a humongous amount of consoles sold, which gave it unparalleled developer support, thus huge amounts of games and a long life. The PS3 is selling slower than the GameCube and losing developer support faster than it ever did. Sure the PS3 might be alive in 5+ years, but it'll be looking at years like the GameCube's 2005 or 2006.

vizunary said:
MSNBC is owned by GE??? not so sure.

there are even rumors that MS is giving up on its ownership (or selling its ownership) of MSNBC

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

Jack Tretton AHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHA... The man is desperate!!!