By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Jack Tretton! HAHAHA! Oh man.... -WEEZY-

The facts of that interview were so off its disgusting, It is hilarious to listen to him talk about a 10 year cycle constantly because he can’t give a proper answer to the questions he knows will make sony look bad if he gives a straight answer. The wii will succeed and the PS3 will fail because the Wii is attractive to everyone, the only thing the PS3 currently has going for it is high end graphics, that obviously arent even making the cut at the moment if games like Rainbow Six Vegas look better on the 360 anyway. The wii has a long cycle because of the way you play, not how pretty you look. It’s like dumb blondes though they are pretty after a little while they arent any fun.

Xbox Live Gamertag - Deathscythe X

AIM SN - Alexie Di Onie

Around the Network
naznatips said:
Celb said:
naznatips said:

The PS3 is already obsolete tech. Crysis blew away everything the PS3 has/will have and it did it within a year of the PS3's launch. The difference is the Wii doesn't depend on having the best graphics, the PS3 does. The future development of more advanced PC graphics can only hurt it. Why not 10 years? Because so far it's an unbelievable failure. It's selling worse than the Saturn and Dreamcast did in Japan... did they last 10 years? It's got a 4-5 year life cycle. The winner determines how long their console lasts, not the loser. The PS2 is incredibly outdated but still sells amazingly well 7 years after launch. Why? The WINNER is the one that gets the long life.

You seriously need to cut this crap off. No one in the world expected consoles to be more powerful than PCs.... obsolete tech? Really? You seriously want consoles to keep improving year to year like PCs? I am sick and tired of people saying: 'oh the PC is more powerful', thanks for informing me, I thought my 600 dollar PS3 was better than the best PCs in the world...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ckmlb said:
naznatips said:
Celb said:
naznatips said:

You seriously need to cut this crap off. No one in the world expected consoles to be more powerful than PCs.... obsolete tech? Really? You seriously want consoles to keep improving year to year like PCs? I am sick and tired of people saying: 'oh the PC is more powerful', thanks for informing me, I thought my 600 dollar PS3 was better than the best PCs in the world...

Then everyone should stop claiming the Wii is 'obsolete tech' as no one expected it to be as powerful as PCs either. His post was a rebuttal of a claim that the Wii will fail because it is 'obsolete' all your post did was enhance his rebuttal.

Celb said:
naznatips said:
I just crack up every time he says "10 year lifecycle." Sony's management needs to learn how to shut up.

why not 10 years, its not obsolete tech like the wii that is short term.

In 4 years the PS3 will be just as obsolete as the Wii is today ...

The "10 year lifecycle" comments are seen as idiotic in this industry because everyone who understands the market knows that sales (and not technology) determines the lifespan of a console. If the PS3 ends up with worldwide sales close to what the Gamecube had after 3 years nothing will keep the conole alive much past its fourth aniversary; any effort to keep it alive by Sony would be pointless.

How many threads are we going to have about this?

Like I said in the other thread, Jack was not prepared to answer these questions. He should have known he was going to get put on the spot since MS and NBC have a long standing relationship.

It's very funny that the interviewer did not mention the 360 since Tretton would have likely brought up the extended warranty they have issued. It's even funnier that the reporter mentioned that Wii, since he obviously knew it would cause some discomfort to Tretton.

About the 10-year-life-cycle crap. It's really not up to Sony how long the PS3 is going to be supported. I'm sure its a marketing ploy to get it into consumers heads that the PS3 is technologically advanced enough to not become obsolete in under 10 years and hence worthy of a $500 investment. It's up to the market and the competitors to decide how long the life cycle will be. If MS and Nintendo decide to release a system before the PS3's 10 years are up, are they really going to sit there with an old console? I really don't buy that "future proof" crap.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

Around the Network
ckmlb said:
naznatips said:
Celb said:
naznatips said:

The PS3 is already obsolete tech. Crysis blew away everything the PS3 has/will have and it did it within a year of the PS3's launch. The difference is the Wii doesn't depend on having the best graphics, the PS3 does. The future development of more advanced PC graphics can only hurt it. Why not 10 years? Because so far it's an unbelievable failure. It's selling worse than the Saturn and Dreamcast did in Japan... did they last 10 years? It's got a 4-5 year life cycle. The winner determines how long their console lasts, not the loser. The PS2 is incredibly outdated but still sells amazingly well 7 years after launch. Why? The WINNER is the one that gets the long life.

Oh really, so you think it's annoying when someone says the same stupid argument over and over?  You don't like hearing a point that's obvious and has no real bearing on system sales?  Huh, that's funny, well then:  Let's stop with the Wii is obsolete tech bull.  Kinda sucks when it goes both ways doesn't it.  I'm tired of people calling the Wii obsolete.  Of course it's not particularly powerful, I don't even care if you don't like it, it's not anymore true than it is that because PC's are much more powerful than PS3s, PS3s suck.  No one likes the tech argument when it doesn't work to their advantage.  You may be joking about that, but Sony themselves claimed the PS3 was a "supercomputer" and you wouldn't believe how many people believe that.  It's a stupid argument, the PS3 is hardly the most advanced technology available for gaming, so people need to stop acting like it is and because of that the Wii has no endurance.  The PS2 is proof enough that that argument is complete utter BS.

Man he sure blinks a lot.  I wouldn't even want to try counting the number of blinks in this "interview"

http://media.ps3.ign.com/articles/802/802856/vids_1.html