By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nine Nintendo sales predictions

Soriku said:

Also, history has dictated that the next #1 console outsells the #1 console before. I'm not sure that was the case with Atari (?) but SNES outsold the NES, PS1 outsold the SNES, PS2 out sold the PS2. I think it's VERY likely the Wii will outsell the PS2.

No, the NES outsold the SNES by a substantial margin (63m to 49m, I believe). Of course, SNES + Genesis/Megadrive sales were considerably larger than NES sales, so the market definitely did grow overall.

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Grampy said:
colonelstubbs said:
The Conduit wont sell 1 million copies. Thats the only thing i disagree with

If their execution of motion plus is truely good and with the great customization, there may well be enough pent up demand to knock it out of the park.

Not only that but I see people complaining there aren't enough shooters on the Wii. The Conduit should help fill the gap.

@coolest

Considering the Wii is selling more than the PS2 and has more mass appeal, I don't think it's reasonable to say it won't pass it.

Also, history has dictated that the next #1 console outsells the #1 console before. I'm not sure that was the case with Atari (?) but SNES outsold the NES, PS1 outsold the SNES, PS2 out sold the PS2. I think it's VERY likely the Wii will outsell the PS2.

Fancy a 'Conduit wont get to 1 million' bet?

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

colonelstubbs said:
Soriku said:
Grampy said:
colonelstubbs said:
The Conduit wont sell 1 million copies. Thats the only thing i disagree with

If their execution of motion plus is truely good and with the great customization, there may well be enough pent up demand to knock it out of the park.

Not only that but I see people complaining there aren't enough shooters on the Wii. The Conduit should help fill the gap.

@coolest

Considering the Wii is selling more than the PS2 and has more mass appeal, I don't think it's reasonable to say it won't pass it.

Fancy a 'Conduit wont get to 1 million' bet?

This thread is a breeding place for bets it seems.

Early 2016 u really think Wii will be out that long.

you can't bet with americans for VC games, right...
Anyway great predictions altough, do you really think the wii will know a pricecut?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

it will know a price cut at some point

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

kirby007 said:
you can't bet with americans for VC games, right...
Anyway great predictions altough, do you really think the wii will know a pricecut?

Meh, that sucks! What else can we bet for?

I thought it was determined in another thread that you can change the region in your Wii's settings.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Tbone said:
Early 2016 u really think Wii will be out that long.

Please tell me why it would not.

The only reason people can name is that the Wii would be graphically inferior. Well, it already is graphically inferior and it's still kicking ever other console's butt. Also, the PS1 and PS2 were graphically inferior too way before they stopped selling. It's a moot point.

Do you have any other reason?