By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resistance 2 or Gears of war 2 which will have better online play?

I think Resistance is bringing crazy things to the table this time around so it might actually be able to live up to Gears... but I know I will like Gears online better because its a third person shooter.

Around the Network

5 on 5 lol come on now.

resistance 2 multiplayer is awsome

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

sorry.. Apologies to ronster

Respect for compans: SONY > NINTENDO >>>>>>>>>> MICROSOFT

Resistance 2 sounds better with 60 players online and 8 player online coop but u never know, lets just wait and see.

i would say resistance 2.
i mean 60 players, hell yeah

Around the Network

resistance 2 im assuming will be better... have they even made it so you can die more than once per round on gears yet? i luved the story, and the graphics of it at the time, but i didnt enjoy the online play.

Respect for compans: SONY > NINTENDO >>>>>>>>>> MICROSOFT

I thought the originals both had good MP but very different play style. I think this time will be similar... as to which is better - I'll let you know after release.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/09/03/pax-2008-hands-on-resistance-2/

What they described in the hands-on actually turned me off quite a bit. Arcadey UT like 60 player action.....blah. Graphics aren't that important in multiplayer but it's also disappointing to hear that they are somewhat lackluster. I guess that's the tradeoff with 60 people on a console game.

I'm more interested in just the single player for Resistance than multi. More =/= better by any means so I don't get how people can use that as their only justification for something being better. Not to mention the fact they are two totally different styles of play. That's like asking what is better CS 1.6 or Battlefield 1942. Two totally different animals.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection

I do not even have to play both games. By seeing the videos of the games. I would say Resistance 2. Resistance 2 will have 60 players in one online game. R2 will have up to 8 co-op online campaign mode mode. Gears of War 2 only has up to 10 person deathmatches. Gears of War 2 has  4 player co-op campaign mode.

BILL COSBY!!! said:
The_vagabond7 said:
BILL COSBY??? PLAYS RESiSTANCE?? Freakin' Sweet...

Yea my PSN is Trihang so if anyone else is in the beta hit me up. I'll be playing right now.

hows the graphics , weapons and level designs my fren? tell us!! ;)