By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resistance 2 or Gears of war 2 which will have better online play?

Ronster316 said:
Resistance 2's online play will end up been like Frontlines: fuel of war....... you'll all be running around like headless chickens shooting at the 1st thing you see........ to say gears requires no skill is just ridiculous, the cover system is there for a reason , so it doesnt end up been like your typical shooter where you just kill kill kill with no thought for strategy

Why haven't you won a grammy yet?

Edit: This is a joke.

Around the Network
Ronster316 said:
BILL COSBY!!! said:
Ronster316 said:
Resistance 2's online play will end up been like Frontlines: fuel of war....... you'll all be running around like headless chickens shooting at the 1st thing you see........ to say gears requires no skill is just ridiculous, the cover system is there for a reason , so it doesnt end up been like your typical shooter where you just kill kill kill with no thought for strategy

For the last time, you haven't played resistance 2. Please stop making uneducated assumptions.

I've played resistance 1 and i've seen more than enough videos of resistance 2 to allow me to beleive it will be nothing more than more of the same.......... see enamy A , shoot enamy A, get killed by emeny C go looking for retribution on enemy C

Skill? no need , leave your skill bag at home

Its nothing more than frontlines: fuel of war with a few more players and slightly better graphics

So if someone playing the game tells you there is more to it then do you listen? If you have a PS3 I'm seriously recommending you give the game a shot. It seems you want it to fail.

I digress but anyway, isn't every game shoot guy A get killed by guy B etc.? And no skill? Halo 3 takes more skill than Gears. I can mathematically prove it.

Here are my Halo 3 stats:   http://www.bungie.net/stats/halo3/CareerStats.aspx?player=Trihang&social=true&map=0

I have a 6.69 kill/death ratio and there are plenty of people like me. I played Gears and while it didn't have a detailed stat page I did know mine wasn't nearly that and all the ratios were curved towards a 1 to 1 kill death. What that basically says is that the difference between a noob and a pro isn't very drastic- that doesn't mean there isn't a noticeable difference but compared to Halo or Resistance 2 for that matter(4.23 and counting) there's no comparison. In lemans terms, a noob can jump in and fare decently in Gears of war, while in other games they get eaten alive.

"YouR opinion is WronG!!!"

BILL COSBY!!! said:
Ronster316 said:
BILL COSBY!!! said:
Ronster316 said:

For the last time, you haven't played resistance 2. Please stop making uneducated assumptions.

I've played resistance 1 and i've seen more than enough videos of resistance 2 to allow me to beleive it will be nothing more than more of the same.......... see enamy A , shoot enamy A, get killed by emeny C go looking for retribution on enemy C

Its nothing more than frontlines: fuel of war with a few more players and slightly better graphics

So if someone playing the game tells you there is more to it then do you listen? If you have a PS3 I'm seriously recommending you give the game a shot. It seems you want it to fail.

I digress but anyway, isn't every game shoot guy A get killed by guy B etc.? And no skill? Halo 3 takes more skill than Gears. I can mathematically prove it.

Here are my Halo 3 stats:   http://www.bungie.net/stats/halo3/CareerStats.aspx?player=Trihang&social=true&map=0

I'm comparing two games with different play styles and I happen to be better at one so that means it requires more skill.

And what if I told you that that I have a better kill-death ratio in Gears than Halo?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
thekitchensink said:
BILL COSBY!!! said:
Ronster316 said:
BILL COSBY!!! said:
Ronster316 said:

I'm comparing two games with different play styles and I happen to be better at one so that means it requires more skill.

And what if I told you that that I have a better kill-death ratio in Gears than Halo?

I'd be very surprised. Do you really? But still there is actually kill to death curves for games you can look at. I'll try to find them. At the end of the Gears curve is a 3 to 1 while Halo its 8 to 1.

Guys.... stop trying to reason with ronster, it's impossible. seriously.

TBH, I'm surprised he's not banned yet. He makes sega fans look pathetic and desperate.

Around the Network
bbsin said:

TBH, I'm surprised he's not banned yet. He makes sega fans look pathetic and desperate.

So he has a reputation? Sorry I'm new here lol

BILL COSBY!!! said:
thekitchensink said:
BILL COSBY!!! said:
Ronster316 said:
BILL COSBY!!! said:
Ronster316 said:

I'd be very surprised. Do you really? But still there is actually kill to death curves for games you can look at. I'll try to find them. At the end of the Gears curve is a 3 to 1 while Halo its 8 to 1.

I can only say I think so, since I don't play Halo online too much, but my point is that the fact that you are better at Halo than Gears does not mean it necessarily requires more skill.  I mean, Halo has vehicles that you can go on big killing sprees in, a larger amount of enemies (a possible 8 or 15, who respawn, to Gears 1's 4 who don't), and it emphasizes running around out in the open, where Gears puts the kibosh on that idea early on.  In Halo, if the rest of your team dies, it doesn't matter cuz they'll be back in a few seconds, but the average Gears player would be in trouble in this situation.  Inevitably, teammates will dies, which inexorably increases the odds of you dying, whether you are skilled or not.

Anyway, it's a moot point.  I'm not saying I agree with the Frontlines comparison (I haven't even played it to know), I just completely disagree with your idea of Halo requiring more skill.  They really can't be compared in that way

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
BILL COSBY!!! said:
bbsin said:

So he has a reputation? Sorry I'm new here lol

You know how some fanboys would go to the ends of the earth for their favorite company? Well, imagine what happens when another company(sony) destroys that fanboy's favorite company(sega) and the person develops a strong grudge overtime as he cannot accept the truth and move along with his life. Now add the internet, immaturity, awful english and ignorance into the mix.... and wolla! you get ronster.

But don't take my word for it, you could just read his posts, such as "(Resistance 2) it's nothing more than frontlines: fuel of war with a few more players and slightly better graphics" and he knows that because he says "I've played resistance 1 and i've seen more than enough videos of resistance 2 to allow me to beleive it will be nothing more than more of the same.......... see enamy A , shoot enamy A, get killed by emeny C go looking for retribution on enemy C".

And yes, He's serious.

ronsters a dick head, he should b banned

Respect for compans: SONY > NINTENDO >>>>>>>>>> MICROSOFT

s-grandi93 said:
ronsters a dick head, he should b banned

This is your first and only warning: no personal insults.