Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Currently #1 on Amazon

akuma587 said:
Starscream said:
ckmlb said:
Starscream said:
leo-j said:
Killzone3 said:
Its has really maintained well.

Sony better see this, and think what a 399 price would do.

I'd be careful forcing conclusions about PS3's 'pace' from one source of data like Amazon's top seller's list over a period of several weeks.

Except the overall sales in the US have maintained for the same time as well, just check the charts (that's the point of this site you know).

1st week- 51,000
2nd week- 45,000
3rd week- 43,500

Really? I thought the point of this site was so fanboys could divine from several weeks of sales data. :p

How does three weeks of sales figures serve as a basis for concluding that the PS3 (or any product) has "maintained well" or has kept a "great pace"?

Because it shows a longer trend than just a one-week spike.

So "a great pace" would be roughly equalling Xbox 360 long term in America? Hardly. The next price drop is really needed, especially considering the lack of GTA IV takes a lot out of that christmas punch. As for the 400 dollar price - What would be 400 dollars? The future non-existent 60gb model? Or possibly the much rumored, yet seemingly implausible 40gb model?

"Suck on it" -vgchartz mod

Around the Network
akuma587 said:
Starscream said:
ckmlb said:
Starscream said:
leo-j said:
Killzone3 said:
Its has really maintained well.

Sony better see this, and think what a 399 price would do.

I'd be careful forcing conclusions about PS3's 'pace' from one source of data like Amazon's top seller's list over a period of several weeks.

Except the overall sales in the US have maintained for the same time as well, just check the charts (that's the point of this site you know).

1st week- 51,000
2nd week- 45,000
3rd week- 43,500

Really? I thought the point of this site was so fanboys could divine from several weeks of sales data. :p

How does three weeks of sales figures serve as a basis for concluding that the PS3 (or any product) has "maintained well" or has kept a "great pace"?

Because it shows a longer trend than just a one-week spike.

Gotcha.  About 45K consoles per week over a period of 21 days is a great pace.  So great in fact that the Sony faithful is already dreaming up the next price cut.

:D 

Starscream said:
ckmlb said:
Starscream said:
leo-j said:
Killzone3 said:

Really?  I thought the point of this site was so fanboys could divine from several weeks of sales data.  :p

I pointed it out because you conveniantly ignored the sales numbers and said Amazon is not a source to say this, but if you look at the last 3 weeks, the PS3 is selling at a good pace and has maintained well for those 3 weeks.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ckmlb said:
Starscream said:
ckmlb said:
Starscream said:
leo-j said:
Killzone3 said:

I pointed it out because you conveniantly ignored the sales numbers and said Amazon is not a source to say this, but if you look at the last 3 weeks, the PS3 is selling at a good pace and has maintained well for those 3 weeks.

Oh please. 3 weeks of sales data is not a strong basis for concluding the PS3 is keeping a "great pace" or "maintaining well".

And even if it was, the data from those weeks show the numbers are declining. And as for all the time the PS3 has enjoyed the #1 spot on Amazon over the last 3 weeks it is still getting overwhelmed by the DS, the Wii, the PSP, and the PS2 when you include all other retailers.

Great pace, indeed.

2. PS3 60GB
3. SixAxis
11. Remote
37. Resistance
43. Ninja Gaiden Sigma
58. Memory card adapter
68. R6: Vegas
89. Motorstorm
93. Oblivion

121. PS3 80GB

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

Since: 6:49PM PST 08/06/07

Now: 6:18PM PST 08/07/07

3) PS3 (Down 1)
4) Controller (Down 1)
14) BR remote (Down 1)
22) Madden (Up 6)
43) Resistance (Up 6)
59) Ninja Gaiden (Up 7)
62) Memory Card adapter (Up 16)

105) Rainbow Six Vegas (Off The List!)

131) 80GB PS3 (Up 120)

Well obviously PS3 Hardware/Software fell due to 360 price drop

Since: 6:18PM PST 08/07/07

Now: 8:58Pm PST 08/08/07

BOLD = NON-PS3 

2) Wii 

3) PS3 (Same)

5) 360 Pro 

6) Controller (Down 2)

9) 360 Elite

11) Madden 360 

13) Madden PS3 (Up 9)

16) BR remote (Down 2)

26) Madden PS2 

53) Resistance (Down 11)

65) Ninja Gaiden (Down 6) 

71) Madden Wii <----- Interesting

77) Memory Card adapter (Down 12)

86) PS3 HDMI Cable (New!)

95) Heavenly Sword (New!) (Fuck) (Yeah)

125) 80Gb PS3 (Up 6) 

HEAVENLY SWORD IS GAME OF THE YEAR!!!!

All becuase I said so :P

mM

I have a feeling the 80GB is also cutting into the 60GB sales.

Also on the note of a $399 PS3. I doubt it will happen, I think they will release a 120GB PS3 next at $599 and lower the 80GB to $499. Truly its a brilliant strategy. Keep releasing a PS3 model with a larger HDD so as the main system costs keep getting lower they can spend more to put in a larger HDD, I think when we get to 150GB that will be the last model though. They might go all the way to 250GB though but who knows. Still a PS3 with 250GB HDD for $599 doesnt sound to bad to me, even if its in 2 years.

Doing this will also let them let the older models sell for cheap. Lets say the 80GB has 2m left from factory, its lowered to $499, theres a few 60GB left in the US for some reason, thats lowered to $449 like the 20GB is now. The 20GB should be 100% sold out by then. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please

12:46am EST

3. PS3 60GB
6. SixAxis
14. Madden 08
15. Remote
54. Resistance
71. Ninja Gaiden Sigma
72. Memory Card Adapter
87. HDMI cable

how do you find the rank if its not on the top 100 or in the moves list?