By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If one genre had to die..

The_Red_Shade said:
Ok, to select a single genre to "die" is ridiculous. For every genre lies a fanbase that supports it. With that said, I wouldn't want any genre to die. It'll just limit the amount of games I'll play. xD

I just think some genres need to be put to rest.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

Whatever Genre Wii Fit is in or Rhythm games like Guitar hero, Rock Band etc.

JRPGs. Except for Shin Megami Tensei and Paper Mario; those can stay.

Also, why do so many people hate rhythm games? They're fun as hell to play with a few friends and a case of good beer.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

The fanboy genre.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
thekitchensink said:
The fanboy genre.

This made me lol.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network
The_Red_Shade said:
Ok, to select a single genre to "die" is ridiculous. For every genre lies a fanbase that supports it. With that said, I wouldn't want any genre to die. It'll just limit the amount of games I'll play. xD

I'm with this guy on this topic.

Strategy RPGs....

They promise so much but don't deliver, I like the concept but they still need a story and they're all shit!

I can't decide between music-games and turnbased games

Sports games...until nfl 2k comes back

DeadNotSleeping said:
Music games. Nothing like Rock Band and Guitar Hero to teach you how to un-play an instrument.

You realize that not everybody is interested in playing an instrument?