By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If one genre had to die..

Beat'em ups... It is already dead anyway =(

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

Around the Network
Daileon said:
Beat'em ups... It is already dead anyway =(

Castle Crashers says hi! I just wonder which other genre The Behemoth is going to try to revive for their next game...?

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

As long as it's not wrpg or fps games, I don't really care...

I was going to say sports games, but then I thought of a lot of sports games that I like. I guess I'll have to go with turn-based RPG's. They are just too repetitive for me.

Add me on Xbox Live: TopCat8

SHMUPGurus said:

Racing sims. What's so fun about them? Arcade ones are way more fun! ^^

some car enthusiasts like that cars in simulation games act as you'd expect them to in a real life situation. Understeer/oversteer, braking, handling and powerband are examples of things that are expected to be closely imitated between a sim racing game and reality. So those who enjoy driving real cars may like something like gran turismo because it's about as close you can get to seeing how a car performs without actually driving it.

try reading this: click

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network
ameratsu said:
SHMUPGurus said:

some car enthusiasts like that cars in simulation games act as you'd expect them to in a real life situation. Understeer/oversteer, braking, handling and powerband are examples of things that are expected to be closely imitated between a sim racing game and reality. So those who enjoy driving real cars may like something like gran turismo because it's about as close you can get to seeing how a car performs without actually driving it.

lol, I was expecting a long-ass reply... Thanks. :(

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Racing and Rhythm/Music can both go, or indirect competition sports, like Golf. Get a real car or guitar, or play some real golf, I'm thinkin'. I can't believe people play these games... yet they clearly do. I understand that many of those cars can be out of reach, but I'll stick with my real Gibson SG, and actual golf clubs -- they're hardly less affordable than the games and console systems people play the games on.

Sports games

Fps but only in order to give other genres more support and development focus.

I miss racing, adventure and shoot em ups that have variety and effort put into them. Just look at what genres are being demonstrated on Wiiware, etc and its obvious what's missing.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

ameratsu said:
SHMUPGurus said:

Gran Turismo is not a Racing Sim, there hasn't even been one on consoles for ages.

GTR, rFactor, iRacing - these are real Racing Sims.