By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If one genre had to die..

am i allowed to say stupid games or is that not allowed?

if not, then sports. they are inbetween simulations and games. please choose one so that you can actually innovate instead of just improve.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

Around the Network

MMOs need to die they suck the life out of all your friends.

"Like you know"

rudyrsr8 said:
MMOs need to die they suck the life out of all your friends.

Actually, I'm changing my answer to this. At least the JRPG genre produces the occasional gem, but the MMO genre has produced... pretty much nothing of value, ever.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

there are different types of games for pretty much everyone, if one type had to die i would say crappy ones. the games that have box art similar to a popular game, or a similar title to a popular game, the ones that are only there to reap some cash from the uneducated people out there.

perhaps a better question would be, which genre should be re-invented?

I lost three friends to this genre and the limitations placed and similarity is annoying, nothing stands out bc they are like WoW, talking about the pay to play ones. Best ones IMO has been the ones that offer F2P.

"Like you know"

Around the Network

all genres must die and we've all got to get a life, sheesh...

chenguo4 said:
Why do so many people hate sports games? This just reinforces the stereotype that video gamers are, well.. I'm not gonna get into it but it's nothing positive.

Genre to die: flight sim. You spend 20 minutes watching scenery go by then shoot 2 missiles. Yay.

Hell, in some of them you don't even have missile:)

Don't want any genre of game to die, other people shouldn't be punished due to my inability to enjoy certain game. That being say, I wouldn't shed any tears if tactical("realistic") shooter would suddendly disappear. Talk about sucking all of the creativity out of a genre, geez.

Persons without argument hide behind their opinion

sports games for sure...unless it's Naruto Tennis!! or something..

If they die... They'd comeback again sooner or later. That's how hard it is to even think/create a new genre.

Fighting games as street fighter or soulcaliber... they are good fun but they are also past their time...

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO