By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Sarah Palin's baby coverup scandal.

It goes both ways. You can have problems if you're really old or really young. It's healthiest to squirt 'em out in your 20's.

But she's really skinny and an ex-beauty queen who hikes and hunts and fishes a lot, very outdoorsy. It would be hard to hide her belly.

And each time you get pregnant, your body's more familiar with it and gets fatter each time. It's way harder to stay super thin pregnant when it's your 5th baby and you're 44.

Around the Network
Sam Yikin said:
HappySqurriel said:

Wow, she must be a better candidate than I thought if you're stretching this far to discredit her ...

It doesn't look like much of a strech to be honest.

Think about it this way ... The first step in any vetting process I would create would be to get someone to tell me every skeleton they had in their closet, then to attach them to a lie-detector and ensure that they were not hiding anything from me. I wouldn't hold it against anyone for refusing to take part in this, but I would point out the obvious that anything they're hiding will come out in a presidential campaign. The second step would be to get a private investigator to look for anything unusual.

Within a couple of hours you would know anything that the candidate was worried about, and within a couple of days you would know about anything that people around them were worried about ...

After the most basic vetting process was done, most of the big shockers that you would expect to come out about a candidate would involve fairly ordinary mistakes people have made (affairs, trying drugs, etc.) and things they did not realize were that bad at the time (buisness dealings which were questionable).

HappySqurriel said:
Sam Yikin said:
HappySqurriel said:

Wow, she must be a better candidate than I thought if you're stretching this far to discredit her ...

It doesn't look like much of a strech to be honest.

Think about it this way ... The first step in any vetting process I would create would be to get someone to tell me every skeleton they had in their closet, then to attach them to a lie-detector and ensure that they were not hiding anything from me. I wouldn't hold it against anyone for refusing to take part in this, but I would point out the obvious that anything they're hiding will come out in a presidential campaign. The second step would be to get a private investigator to look for anything unusual.

Within a couple of hours you would know anything that the candidate was worried about, and within a couple of days you would know about anything that people around them were worried about ...

After the most basic vetting process was done, most of the big shockers that you would expect to come out about a candidate would involve fairly ordinary mistakes people have made (affairs, trying drugs, etc.) and things they did not realize were that bad at the time (buisness dealings which were questionable).

I agree with you, but as has been posted above, it looks like the vetting process may have been minimal.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
It goes both ways. You can have problems if you're really old or really young. It's healthiest to squirt 'em out in your 20's.

But she's really skinny and an ex-beauty queen who hikes and hunts and fishes a lot, very outdoorsy. It would be hard to hide her belly.

And each time you get pregnant, your body's more familiar with it and gets fatter each time. It's way harder to stay super thin pregnant when it's your 5th baby and you're 44.

Right ...

Believe it or not, the ammount of weight a woman needs to gain when pregnant is much less than the ammount the average woman does gain while pregnant; most women only need to gain between 25 and 35 pounds (at 9 months, a lot of the weight they gain is in the last 2 months), while quite a few women will gain 50 or more pounds. A woman who is in the pubic eye is probably far more careful to eat right and excercise in order to stay closer to the 'optimal' weight gain, and are also very likely to be careful in how they dress.

Just because she gained a lot of weight with her first child, and dressed in a way which made her weight gain more noticeable, doesn't mean that she would look as big with her 5th child.

The vetting process was just enough to find out she smoked marijuana when she was younger but she's totally against it now (like most politicians though, so not a big deal), and that she's currently under investigation for abuse of power, but that's only because she's "cleaning up the mess in Alaska."

She ran on a "finish the bridge" campaign to get elected governor. But once it was V.P. time and she was in the national spotlight, it was suddenly "stop pork barrel spending, destroy the bridge to nowhere" time, to piss off Alaska and to make McCain and the rest of the country happy.

It looks like she's been buying these from Kerry or McCain or Obama:

But look at it this way. If John McCain picked a man with the same exact credentials and experience Palin has... he would've been laughed off the face of the Earth.

She's getting a free pass because they want her to be Hillary Junior, but it's going to backfire.

Around the Network

Here's a 9 minute video of what Rubang has already laid out before us:

This is so cool how this election is getting us to research and argue the science of pregnancy.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
The vetting process was just enough to find out she smoked marijuana when she was younger but she's totally against it now (like most politicians though, so not a big deal), and that she's currently under investigation for abuse of power, but that's only because she's "cleaning up the mess in Alaska."

She ran on a "finish the bridge" campaign to get elected governor. But once it was V.P. time and she was in the national spotlight, it was suddenly "stop pork barrel spending, destroy the bridge to nowhere" time, to piss off Alaska and to make McCain and the rest of the country happy.

It looks like she's been buying these from Kerry or McCain or Obama:

But look at it this way. If John McCain picked a man with the same exact credentials and experience Palin has... he would've been laughed off the face of the Earth.

She's getting a free pass because they want her to be Hillary Junior, but it's going to backfire.

Realistically, what do you think would happen if the Republicans ran a candidate for president who was as inexperienced (and had as many associations to questionable people) as Obama?

Hey Obama got famous with his keynote speech in 2004, so at least we all knew who he was for 4 years.

Obama and McCain are both running on the Washington outsider angle, as aisle-crossers who want to clean up the mess. However, one's been in the mess since before many voters were born.

Personally, I don't give a shit about the experience arguments either way. That was McCain's argument, and he destroyed it himself with the Palin pick. My backlash against Palin's experience is more about laughing at McCain than anything.

Wow, that scandal is a just plain interesting story if true!

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson