By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Ninja Gaiden doesn’t have the “power,” says DMC creator

Devil May Cry creator Hideki Kamiya clearly doesn’t mince his words. He can’t be bothered playing Ninja Gaiden. It doesn’t have the power to interest him. “I’ve never played Ninja Gaiden, and to be honest, I’m not that interested,” he said in the latest issue of EGM. “The quality that gets you interested in something is that you feel something for them. Like on TV, or a movie, or a song, or whatever. You just feel something, and you get pulled into it, and then that’s how you pick something up. “But Ninja Gaiden just didn’t have that power, so that’s why I wasn’t interested in it.” Japanese developers, eh? Why can’t they all just get along?

So which is the better game I wonder?

http://www.videogaming247.com/2008/08/30/ninja-gaiden-doesnt-have-the-power-says-dmc-creator/

Around the Network

WTF is he talking about? Ninja Gaiden is a powerful fighter jet!

So basically he's saying the story sucks and doesn't pull you in? But I don't really see DMC as all that better at story either. But perhaps I'm just not into the genre.

I thought they wers similar type games?

If that was directed towards me Reask, yes they are the same genre I think, which might be why I can't tell which has a better story, since neither seems that good to me.

Around the Network

w/e God of war is better tha either DMC or NG anyway.

@ torillian.
I just was'nt 100% sure but thought they were thanks.

Didn't we got through this last month already? And Itagaki gave the most ironic response ever when he said something like "we in Japan have a saying that the weakest dog barks the loudest" or some such.

"the weaker dog barks more"

DMC Trounces NG, God Of War Trounces all.