By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - When the 160gb ps3 comes out will PS3 TO 360 sales be 2 to 1 WW

just wanna know ur thoughts

sorry for the mistake last time

Around the Network

Depends on the Pricing. PS3 has already proven it can sell better then the 360 even with a much higher price tag. If the Price falls to match or succeed 360's low price, then the 360 will be no match.

if equal: 2-1
if bellow:2.5-1

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

yes it could

Absolutely. Clearly the reason people aren't buying in to the PS3 en masse is that the HD isn't big enough. Once the HDD is large enough, the casuals will start coming in.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

No. No one who want a PS3 is holding off for a bigger HD. They are holding off because it cost to much.

Stop adding crap, and lower the price.

Around the Network
Bodhesatva said:

Absolutely. Clearly the reason people aren't buying in to the PS3 en masse is that the HD isn't big enough. Once the HDD is large enough, the casuals will start coming in.

Lol, you crack me up Bodhesatva!

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

My opinion falls more in line with forevercloud3000's. If the PS3 keeps the same price (highly doubtful), then it will sell at that rate. I just dont think that it will be lower. The X360 Elite is still $400+ with a 120g HD, so I anticipate the 160g HD PS3 will sell at $549+ (ouch), but only time will tell.

160g of space doesnt mean that much to the "average" gamer. I have an Elite and love the space, but even at 120g you start to run out fast, especially when the new full game install the 360 is incorporating hits in September. The 80g standard PS3 has a good chance depending on the outcome of the 360 cuts in September, but I dont think the 160g.

ps3 as no chance against the 360 sales as soon as the price drops happen and with the up coming lineup of games this fall. ps3 would have to be $299 for a good fight but since sony said no price drop coming anytime soon. its 360's time this fall/winter.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

K u guys have to understand it's hdd the price plays a small part. People who wantg the best pay for the best! Don't flame my remark.

@ Gearbox.....OK Bitch, I just sparked the flamethrower, Just Kidding.

I agree about your "you want the best, you gotta pay crap". That may apply to you, me, and many other gamers who care about our product. But when it comes to the circus that is the holidays, when all the back-stabbing Mother Truckers (shopping moms) come out......cheaper sells, just watch.....oh....chep is gooooooood,,,,,,,,,,,,,just watch.