By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - When the 160gb ps3 comes out will PS3 TO 360 sales be 2 to 1 WW

Do you mean lifetime or over the course of 1.5 years. or in weekly sales?

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Around the Network
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
ps3 as no chance against the 360 sales as soon as the price drops happen and with the up coming lineup of games this fall. ps3 would have to be $299 for a good fight but since sony said no price drop coming anytime soon. its 360's time this fall/winter.

when you say 360 has good games coming out this fall/winter, so does ps3. im sorry man, its ps3's time this fall/winter. basically, everyone who wants or wanted a 360 already has one. while for the ps3, many people want it but dont have it yet.

i kinda doubt this because most people wont care about the amount of memory the system has

but  if the price is right then it could be posible but memory alone is not

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Consoles owned: Game Cube, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, PSP, PS1, PS2, PS3.

My prediction: NATAL WILL NOT help 360 sales. Maybe a 50-100k boost week 1, then a 30-70 k boost week 2, and back to the norm again after 3-5 weeks.

299$ WW price
80gb.

probably

akuma587 said:
Bodhesatva said:

Absolutely. Clearly the reason people aren't buying in to the PS3 en masse is that the HD isn't big enough. Once the HDD is large enough, the casuals will start coming in.

Lol, you crack me up Bodhesatva!

<3

I've mentioned it before, but I love your taste in literature!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network

PS3 can possibly do it.
Americans seem 2 like da bigger space so it might.

I think it will be a tight race either way. Most people including parents are more price conscious and will likely go for what is cheaper. Sony is selling well and will continue to do so. It has proven that it continues to sell well at a higher price point and remain competitive.

If and when Sony drops price next year or so will likely make a significant impact, but for now I can imagine numbers will remain close.

TheTruthHurts! said:
My opinion falls more in line with forevercloud3000's. If the PS3 keeps the same price (highly doubtful), then it will sell at that rate. I just dont think that it will be lower. The X360 Elite is still $400+ with a 120g HD, so I anticipate the 160g HD PS3 will sell at $549+ (ouch), but only time will tell.

160g of space doesnt mean that much to the "average" gamer. I have an Elite and love the space, but even at 120g you start to run out fast, especially when the new full game install the 360 is incorporating hits in September. The 80g standard PS3 has a good chance depending on the outcome of the 360 cuts in September, but I dont think the 160g.

Ouch!, at the inaccuracy of that sentence. The 160 gig will be the $500 model.

It was obvious to most that when the new 80gig (40 gig replacement) was introduced, there would be another larger spec model (160 gig) introduced to replace the old 80 gig. Follow me?

So to ever assume the high end model would ever increase in price is ridiculous. Only Microsoft pulls those shenanigans.

If the PS3 sells at 2:1 over the xbox360, it won't be entirely because of the 160 gig. The entire lineup of games, online features, free online, marketing, public awareness, and most importantly..  the current momentum of the PS3 is what propels its sales now, and once the 160 gig is in full circulation.

We still do not know how many of these 160 gigs are going to be produced on a consistant basis since it is a "limited edition" or whatever Sony is calling it, So the 160 gig will help the image of the PS3 more than anything.

Also, A price cut at this point for Sony would not be the right move IMO. They are outselling the 360, and will continue to do so regardless of whether or not Microsoft cuts their prices further. The fact that people are finally percieving the PS3 to be the better value is really a going to be a problem for Microsoft going forward, and all the price drops they can come up with will not change this fact.

The sales ratio of 2:1 in favor of PS3 over 360 will become a reality eventually. But probably not until Christmas 09.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

I would rather see them cut the costs of production and the price of the PS3, the two things to get profit up:

No slot loading drive, just a flip top like the slim.
A wired controller.
40GB HDD.
regular buttons instead of those fancy touch sensors.
10/100 wifi (instead of the 10/100/1000; it's useless anyway)

Most people just do not care about that stuff. People who spend more time on forums than playing games do, but these companies need to stop listening to the people on the forums.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

No, unless its a price cut in japan,europe and america.