By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - American software up- To Human does

Riachu said:
flames_of said:
Riachu said:
Jo21 said:
Riachu said:
ItsaMii said:
Ok, we know it is coming so here are the USA numbers for titles people will compare to Too Human:

Lair - 74k
Haze - 92k

http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=7253®ion=All
http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=6981®ion=All

Too Human is not so bad compared to these titles.

Too Human still flopped though since it was a huge release. Reviews really do impact a game's sales

lair and haze flopped though!!!

Yes, those two games flopped and so did Too Human(considering it cost like $80-100 Million to make)

Seriously?
You've got to be kidding me! 0_o

Too Human was very hyped but it didn't translate into sales so it flopped

I meant the ridiculously high budget...

flames_of - "I think you're confusing Bush with Chuck Norris."

Wii: 80-85 Million end of 2009 (1.1.09)

Around the Network

If you think this game cost $80 million, you're an idiot, sorry.

But it still looks like it will struggle to break even.

freebird4 said:

10 years of development means a lot of money spent on wages.

tombi123 said:
freebird4 said:

http://kotaku.com/5041732/oh-so-too-human-didnt-take-ten-years-to-make

Don't believe everything some random dude on the internet tells you.

Fact of the matter is... Too Human was the product of negative hype. Started with showing off the game way too early. Not to mention even telling about the game so many years ago. For developer's it's like an automatic coffin for anything. Silicon Knights fucked that up. They gave it this long delays... showed it off only to get into trouble wiht an engine and going into legal trouble. Also had to rework it considering it was said to be terrible at first. I mean this is what killed the title. And when you get too much negative hype behind a game... especially if its a core game.. it's not going to end pretty. It's what happened to Haze.

Hopefully Silicon Knights will better manage their next title so that it'll see larger success.

As for the rest of the charts not bad Madden sales but can't help but think that it's been better in the past. Rest of the sales seem to be steady for the titles staying steady. Will be an interesting week next week with Tiger, Sluggers, and Vesperia. Tiger on Wii should be really interesting considering the mainstream success of the last title and that good reviews for this one to draw in the core. Could open larger than usual. Sluggers should open to a decent 100k-150k and probably build off legs til the holidays. Vesperia is a hit or miss considering Symphonia has been the only successful Tales title I know of in America.

Around the Network
freebird4 said:

id be interested in seeing what the actual cost is....but when you consider how long this thing been in development....built, rebuilt on different systems....the staff salaries alone dedicated to this game has to be enormous let alone the actual production.

How am i the first person to comment on the 40k difference between PS3 and 360 Madden. Im astonished its so close....very good for Sony considering install base and console price, imo.....not to mention the notorious way 360 owners gobble up games. Very impressive, imo.

freebird4 said:
tombi123 said:
freebird4 said:

http://kotaku.com/5041732/oh-so-too-human-didnt-take-ten-years-to-make

Don't believe everything some random dude on the internet tells you.

That is good news. 80 million would kill any developer the size of SK. Do you have any links to real costs? If they break even it would be all good in the end. I don`t want any more casualties among small-medium sized developers.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

The game's success will be in how good its legs are.

Personally I think the 135 K number seems low but it is what it is...

I have a feeling this will be off from the real number and ioi will not change it because of strange reasons.

*looks at ng2*

Note: Some games in my collection are no longer owned, but have owned.