By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The resurgence of sega?

Has sega finally broken free from third party software wilderness, with a number 2 status regularly in europe and a growing position in america and japan.  Or is this merely a blip with mario and sonic, and will their position return to distant wilderness.  Considering segas history and recognisable worldwide reputation are they succeeding enough?   

Around the Network

You meant the resurrection of Sega? I didn't played video games when Sega was around so I can't really tell they are back like the old days.

Seems like they put a lot of resources into the Wii and it's paying back in spades.

They can always join Nintendo...

It seems to be improving quite a bit in terms of quality games. Unfortunately, so long as it is tied to the anchor that is Sammy, there is no chance Sega will be able to remain afloat for too much longer.

It's a pity, because they're really on the upswing, but having your partner wipe out all of your financial gains is a surefire recipe for disaster.

Around the Network

I think before people can notice it was only summer movie games and M&S making up the bulk of their sales, Platinum Games will already have had picked up the slack in Sega's release schedule.

I'm really happy to hear Sega's doing well. They just need one more breakout game (besides M & S) and they'll return to some form of glory.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

I hope so, i am a dyed in the wool Sega fan and would love to see games like Sonic reach their prominence once again

Kickin' Those Games Old School.       -       201 Beaten Games And Counting

I think Samba de Amigo is going to be a big hit this holiday season. It's got the simplicity of Mario Kart along with a Guitar Hero like soundtrack. It's what Wii Music should have been. And it has Sonic!

Yeah I think they will see big potential to remain latched on to Nintendo, at least for a little while.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Sonic chronicles on the DS looks quite promising.