By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - will ps3 get to 50 million WW before the 360

colonelstubbs said:
The PS3 will reach 100 million before the wii or 360.

If it doesnt, my hope to become a games analyst will become nothing but a dream....

If they continue selling at a similar rate to how they sold over the past year, the PS3 won't hit 100 Million unitil 2017 and the Wii will pass 100 Million by the end of 2012 ...

With how much has been done to increase PS3 sales, and how little has been done to increase Wii sales, it is likely that the PS3 will take longer than that to reach 100 Million and the Wii will pass 100 Million earlier.

Around the Network

As to the topic, personally I think yea the PS3 will beat the 360 as i'm not sure the 360 will sell 50 million and I do think the PS3 will sell over 50 million WW.

colonelstubbs said:

If it doesnt, my hope to become a games analyst will become nothing but a dream....

If you got your prediction wrong, you'd be a perfect video games analyst!

They will do it at the exact same second.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

the 360 won't sell 50million by 2011 or even 2012 imo
they'll probably have another system out by then

Around the Network
izaaz101 said:
colonelstubbs said:

If you got your prediction wrong, you'd be a perfect video games analyst!

Good point. And yay- you have 1000 posts!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Im not really sure either will reach 50 MIl. XBOX is XBOX and PS3 aint PS2.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

CDiablo said:
Im not really sure either will reach 50 MIl. XBOX is XBOX and PS3 aint PS2.

Are you confused? Its an xbox360

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

JGarret said:
@HappySqurriel

If I´m not mistaken, you said in another thread you expect the 360 to finish this generation in the 40/45 million range and the PS3 in the 60 million.

I do, but that is mainly because I don't expect sales to stay at the same rate they have been.

One of the possible ways this generation could play out is ... Through most of 2009 rumors will start to spread about Microsoft preparing to release their next system because the XBox 360 will have been on the market for (almost) 4 years; at the same time Sony will be repeating their "10 year play" BS constanty which will result in the XBox 360 losing sales for the PS3. After a year of declining sales the rumors will be in full swing in 2010 until GDC/E3 2010 where Microsoft announces their next system will launch in 2011 which will further hurt the sales of the XBox 360.

Who said that x360 will reach 50 mln.? LoL.

Though, i wonder how x360 pricecut will work in NA.
Because in Europe pricecut didn`t work at all.

Overall, yes, PS3 DOMINATION! =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far