By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Great times ahead for the ps3!

CGI-Quality said:
Why must people come in here talking about 360 or Wii - for goodness sake folks this is a PS3 topic so lets stick to the subject.

Something can't be "better" or "good" or "Great" if there aren't others that are "worse" or "bad" or "horrible." lol... when you talk about "Great times ahead for the Ps3" it's probably in effect saying "turbulant times ahead for the Xbox 360." It's pretty much common knowledge nowadays that PS3 and XBOX360 pretty much shares the same market audience.

Exclusives DRIVES console sales. Multiplatform is a good ideal, and is the best way to go, but exclusives ARE ESSENTIALs for innovation and improvements.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Why must people come in here talking about 360 or Wii - for goodness sake folks this is a PS3 topic so lets stick to the subject.

amen brother

Skeeuk said:
disolitude said:
Yes ps3 is going to enjoy great times when it comes to sales.

Next on PS3s to do list is to keep up with 360 in the AAA games list category.

many of them AAA games were out when ps3 wasnt out.

many of them AAA games even if you put them up for 99p on ebay no-one would bid for them, they have died out now

from now on it seems all the coolest titles will be on ps3, and consumers see that as ps3 offers by far the best value for money

skeeuk always speaks with such clarity!

BMaker11 said:
disolitude said:

HA! The damage control is strong in this one.

I guess MGS4, Uncharted, R&C, Resistance, LBP, Bioshock (former 360 exclusive), SOCOM, Motorstorm, etc. just don't count anymore. What do you have? Halo and Gears? That's about it on the exclusive 360 side, to be honest. The JRPGs that everyone's claiming to make the 360 the "RPG king" have all been mediocre, so go ahead and toss out that argument before you say anything in response

Could not have put it any better!

CGI-Quality said:

I think it maybe because they feel threathened and must defend their console.

Around the Network
BottledSpringWater said:
disolitude said:

The "LACK OF" is the reason I returned my PS3.

That's why I prefer 360.

360 has many great games, so does the ps3. It depends on your taste.

I think this video says it all:

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

I think this video says it all:

wtf!! bloody trash video

Megamans threads keep on growing. You have taken control Megaman!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

megaman2 said:

it has to do with the games, the momentume the ps3 is on. As we have been seeing the credit crunch has not affected games sales, infact gaming revenue keeps on increasing!

Software sells systems ... that is true. But the biggest titles that everyone pointed to -- GTA IV, GT5p, MGS4 -- only provided momentary if any sales lifts.  And many of the anticiapted titles have left players wanting recently.

Also, for those who have been critical of people coming in and talking about other consoles, sometimes that is relavent. After all, the PS3 does not exist in a vacuum and people are usually making a decison as to which one to buy.  Some comments though can by annoying, like when someone comes into a thread who does not own a system being discussed or the game being discussed just to carp and not to have intellectual discussions -- and those who do that know who they are and some of them are on this thread. (Full disclosure, own a Wii, PS2 and Xbox -- no PS3 and Xbox 360. But I try to pose questions to think through things, not to make people upset).

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV