By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Great times ahead for the ps3!

Diomedes1976 said:
libellule said:
160go = price up = non event

Home = non event

PSN games = non event

PlayTV = non event

Xbox360 price cut = BIG BIG BIG EVENT

I would wait a little before creating a thread like this one.

The 360 has been selling about the same in 2008 at 350 (and even at 299 with the firesale) that what it sold in 2007 at 399.Why do you think the price drop will do anything better that spoil the sales one week or two?

It may have an effect for a week or two, but then will die out and bussines will resume as usual!!

Around the Network
Black RL said:
Yes I am, I own all the systems, and yes I have MGS4 and Uncharted for PS3, I finish both then I shut down my PS3 (waiting for KILLZONE2) and got back to LIVE.

LIVE is the best thing right now in video games, not 360, not Wii, not PS3, not hardware, being, playing and TALKING with friends it's great.

So yes, I'm serious.

cough cough *bullshit* cough cough

Tigawoods said:
BMaker11 said:
dbot said:
libellule said:

Home = non event

PSN games = non event

PlayTV = non event

The 360 has already had significant price cuts in Asia, Europe, and NA.  PS3 outsold it by 55k this week.  Another round of price cuts may not have the impact you expect.

ZING! Cheaper than the Wii in Europe. No effect.

Cheaper than the PS3 in America. No effect.

Both price cuts have given the 360 more sales. While they have not beaten any of the opposing consoles they still have sold more consoles than they would have without it so yes there is a positive effect. In fanboy terms much like how you look at things, then no. And if Disolitude had said exclusive AAA titles than you would have been right. Unfortunatly for your reading comprehension he did not.

On topic: PS3 has great times ahead but so does every console.

Ok....so include both exclusive and multiplat AAA titles.......uhhh, doesn't that make the argument of "the PS3 needs to catch up in AAA titles" pretty much null if multiplatform games are included? The are MULTIPLATFORM.

If he said "exclusive" I would have been right....I interject and count in multiplatform games as well, and I'm still right. Where are you going with this?

BMaker11 said:
dbot said:
libellule said:

Home = non event

PSN games = non event

PlayTV = non event

The 360 has already had significant price cuts in Asia, Europe, and NA.  PS3 outsold it by 55k this week.  Another round of price cuts may not have the impact you expect.

We are talking about NA, a territory that love PS3 AND Xbox360.

... it will be a hard fight between the 2 consoles ...

Time to Work !

Diomedes1976 said:
libellule said:

Home = non event

PSN games = non event

PlayTV = non event

The 360 has been selling about the same in 2008 at 350 (and even at 299 with the firesale) that what it sold in 2007 at 399.Why do you think the price drop will do anything better that spoil the sales one week or two?

==> the ARCADE, all is about the ARCADE.

The question is : will the new arcade be able to still some Wii's sales ?

it is only 199$, it is VERY competitive !

Time to Work !

Around the Network
libellule said:
BMaker11 said:
dbot said:
libellule said:

Home = non event

PSN games = non event

PlayTV = non event

We are talking about NA, a territory that love PS3 AND Xbox360.

... it will be a hard fight between the 2 consoles ...

it will be a struggle between the two consoles, but the ps3 will come out on top! quality is everything!

axumblade said:
libellule said:

Home = non event

PSN games = non event

PlayTV = non event

How is Home a non-event? That's like saying that Metal Gear Solid IV was a non-event. There are people who are waiting to buy PS3's just for home.

==> we dont know everything about Home even if some PS3 owners expect a lot of about it (sometimes, they even consider it as a game)

BUT

Home is online, online is still not so important this generation (see Wii)

Home is not a game, it is more an interface

I doubt there are a lot of people waiting Home release to get a PS3 ... It is a non event.

Time to Work !

libellule said:
axumblade said:
libellule said:

Home = non event

PSN games = non event

PlayTV = non event

How is Home a non-event? That's like saying that Metal Gear Solid IV was a non-event. There are people who are waiting to buy PS3's just for home.

==> we dont know everything about Home even if some PS3 owners expect a lot of about it (sometimes, they even consider it as a game)

BUT

Home is online, online is still not so important this generation (see Wii)

Home is not a game, it is more an interface

I doubt there are a lot of people waiting Home release to get a PS3 ... It is a non event.

I would not call Home a non event, Home will be what will make the PSN network more superior over Xbox Live. All while being free, it will be a new step forward in online entertainment, and will make the ps3 that more essential!

axumblade said:

I don't know anybody that thinks Home is a game. O.o Most people think if it's close to a game, it's more like a Sims game where you simply control the person. If they're going through that perspective, then I think they won't be disappointed whatsoever. Online is still rather important in case you haven't paid attention to virtual console/xbla/psn sales and the online gameplay (Mario Kart, Call of Duty 4, Warhawk, Halo 3).

Then we agree. It is not MGS4 release.

Overall, home is not a non event but you have to understand a LOT of people would prefer a price cut over the Home release...

Time to Work !

libellule said:
axumblade said:

I don't know anybody that thinks Home is a game. O.o Most people think if it's close to a game, it's more like a Sims game where you simply control the person. If they're going through that perspective, then I think they won't be disappointed whatsoever. Online is still rather important in case you haven't paid attention to virtual console/xbla/psn sales and the online gameplay (Mario Kart, Call of Duty 4, Warhawk, Halo 3).

Then we agree. It is not MGS4 release.

My friend you are missing the point in what Home can bring to the ps3. No Home is not a blockbuster game such as MGS4, but it adds different value to the ps3, with the arrival of Home it will force Microsoft to re-think their strategy of charging for their online service. Home will make the PSN network more superior over Xbox Live, simply because what HOME offers is more innovative, and can bring substantial value to the ps3. While being free, as they say free is always good!