By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Updated List of Future Wii Titles

can someone update this topic esp now that Final Fantasy Crystal Bearers was confirmed today it's still in development

Around the Network
Onimusha12 said:
I don't know what's more frustrating, the games the Wii isn't getting or the fact that people are actually content with this list.

It's obvious the Wii is going to miss out on the must have hardcore titles this generation. And what multiplats the Wii is getting will be graphically gimped if not flat out broken, god forbid the Wii version be made the standard like the PS2 was last gen. Maybe if they actually put more than a hundred bucks and five people on any one Wii port they could actually make good games like we saw even last generation on the gamecube or PS2.

I don't know what's more dellusional, the people who think anyone will actually ever give a shit about the PS3 or the people who actually think must-have third party support will ever grace the Wii outside the fluke of Monster Hunter 3. And spare me the whole "but the Wii has de blob, tenchu 4 and some other second tier game that will never sell more than 300k."

I see the list as a beginning, the kind of start the Wii console never had, but should have had. Now coregames is coming, it can only get better from here?

Wii have High Voltage Studios wrapping up on Conduit for a spring release by SEGA and a vague confirmation of a possible early stage of a new full scale core game for Wii(?) in the works that might be an RPG.

Wii got SEGA taking one step at the time, testing the waters with a game ( Sonic and the Secret Rings, House of the Dead I and II Return) and if it meets their expectation they release a followup with more money put in and start to gamble with new games.  I really don't se Sonic And the Black Knight as a lesser game to Sonic Unleashed. If this continue, Wii might se even more SEGA games with even higher budgets.

Wii has Tales of Symphonia 2: Dawn of the New World, sequel to the GameCube game and a "Tales of" mother game on the way. And not to forget lots of graphical and/or in art beautiful RPG games on the way like Fragile. Not a big budget games as the HD consoles, maybe, but I don't care.

Wii got its first (?) VC full game sequel on the way, Sin & Punishment 2 (really don't think it was the N64 sales and popularity that made this coming) and other old games might get a similar revival.

Higher profile sequels to No More Heroes and Red Steel in the works. Experimental core games like de Blob, Deadly Creatures, Mushroom Men: The Spore Wars, Kore that probably would not be released on the HD consoles. Exclusive Star Wars game like Star Wars the Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels and maybe more exclusive StarWars games in the future or at least one with Motion+ support. Exclusive and nonexclusive Point and Click games.

And I really do like all that I see of Castlevania: Judgment and I might buy it.

The list might not be so high profile like a PS3 or Xbox 360 one would be, but this is like I said the beginning only. If several core gamas on Wii flops, it might be the beginning of the end, but before that there might be lots of more games in the works awaiting the day when they will be announced. Some of them might the biggest Wii games yet.

I think the Wii will end up with at least as good core support and game sales as the GameCube and Xbox together.

I don't care much about multiplats (on Wii). I think flopping core games will soon start to reach 500 k thanks to high and growing installbase. And de Blob will pass 300 k. :)

The momentum is gone, the beginning of each generation typically sets the trend. HD gaming has too much momentum for developers to just drop it for the Wii. They know their core buyers are already on the HD consoles.

This isn't like last generation when it was the Dreamcast Vs the PS2 Vs the Xbox Vs the Gamecube

This generation, it's essentially the Wii Vs the PC/360/PS3 combined

At least the PS3 is virtually out of the running this generation. Right now its the Wii and the 360. The Wii, the console for families and 360, the console for gamers it would seem.

As game after game comes out this list gets more and more scarce. Some of these titles that were suppossed to be out this fall I wonder if they're ever comming out. Or if Wii games will ever get any real advertising.

the ones i'm really looking out for is pikmin 3, little kings story (which i hear is kinda like pikmin in a way), and spore(if that version actually turns out to be good.)

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=47568

brawl friendcode - 3823-8201-9151

mario kart wii friendcode - 0387-9491-4552

PM me if you add me plz.

150vg$ bet(with haggy) mk wii 2009 worldwide sales > any 360/ps3 game released in 2009.

current mk wii worldwide sales (jan 9th): 553k

Around the Network

So Tenchu4 ,Fatal Flame 4 and Fragile confirmed for Eng. version? Cool :D

Since when was Metroid prime 2 or pikmin 2 announced? And u forgot to add mario tennis adaptation.

Mario Tennis... Hrmmmm... I'm sure it will be a good game I'm just not sure if it would make the list look better or worse...

U can remove castlevania, sam & max, & mushroom men from the list.

And yes, mario tennis would make that list MUCH better.
Also there is:
FF Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time
DiRT 2
PES 09
We Ski and Snowboard
Cave Story
Marble Saga: Kororinpa
Overlord: Dark Legend
Samurai Warriors 3
Tecmo Bowl: Kickoff

arsenal009 said:
U can remove castlevania, sam & max, & mushroom men from the list.

And yes, mario tennis would make that list MUCH better.
Also there is:
FF Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time
DiRT 2
PES 09
We Ski and Snowboard
Cave Story
Marble Saga: Kororinpa
Overlord: Dark Legend
Samurai Warriors 3
Tecmo Bowl: Kickoff

The time and effort it would take to add that much mediocrity to the list would probably depress to the point of drinking.