By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Sleep deprivation

your mother said:
Four days. Too old to ever party like that again.

I bet you were a scattered mess after that!!

Around the Network
OriGin said:
your mother said:
Four days. Too old to ever party like that again.

I bet you were a scattered mess after that!!

During, as well!

Legend11 said:
The longest I've stayed up was 72 hours. I actually worked all 72 hours on a project that had to be done by a specific date and in which the 2 people that were supposed to be helping me weren't (one was on vacation for two weeks and had left on it a week before we were given the deadline, the other called in sick for two days and wasn't much help when he was actually there).

I usually get 2-5 hours of sleep at a time so that's probably why I might seem abrupt or rude on this site sometimes. Literally anything will wake me up, if I leave my bedroom window open for the night to get cool air the first bird to sing in the morning wakes me up. If I have the window closed but hear a car door slam across the street it'll wake me up.

You should try adding some white noise to your bedroom.  It sounds counter-intuitive, but you can get used to a steady background of white noise, and it will mute outside sounds.  I use a ceiling fan, but there are lots of other things you can use.

Entroper said:
Legend11 said:
The longest I've stayed up was 72 hours. I actually worked all 72 hours on a project that had to be done by a specific date and in which the 2 people that were supposed to be helping me weren't (one was on vacation for two weeks and had left on it a week before we were given the deadline, the other called in sick for two days and wasn't much help when he was actually there).

I usually get 2-5 hours of sleep at a time so that's probably why I might seem abrupt or rude on this site sometimes. Literally anything will wake me up, if I leave my bedroom window open for the night to get cool air the first bird to sing in the morning wakes me up. If I have the window closed but hear a car door slam across the street it'll wake me up.

You should try adding some white noise to your bedroom.  It sounds counter-intuitive, but you can get used to a steady background of white noise, and it will mute outside sounds.  I use a ceiling fan, but there are lots of other things you can use.

I'll give that a try.  Come to think of it I used to have a really close female friend who couldn't sleep without having the radio playing music softly in the background.  I thought it was odd but whenever I stayed over at her place I seem to remember actually sleeping well.   I also had a friend from Cuba who couldn't sleep without a fan going because he got so used to hearing one growing up.

I'm not exactly sure, but I had to get up ridiculously early when coming back from St. Petersburg, and then the UK is three hours behind, so it was probaly like 20 hours I was awake for, but not that amazing is it lol.

But apparently, as long as you're getting at least 7 hours sleep, apparently you live a few years longer, than you would if you got 8 hours of sleep a night. That was some months ago, so probably won't be able to find the source, so it could be a loada BS frankly.

One person's experience or opinion never shows the general consensus

PSN ID: Tispower

MSN: tispower1@hotmail.co.uk

Around the Network

Probably 28 hours playin Operation Flashpoint, Tribes, AVP2, and Starcraft with friends in high school. That was back then, nowadays I can barely stay up past 2am :)

on a gaming weekend we originally decided to wake at 8 morning, shower breakfast till 10 then game till 24h. but the games we were playing we want to complete totally so we actually forgot time. we put all lights on and drink alot of engery drinks. i think i stayed awake for 32 hours. but after 2 days of sleeping 12 hours i was still tired.

altho it isnt mine there is a nice story about my grandpa. he used to work and someone he works with slept pretty bad the last time. they had to work a double shift so both worked 20 hours. so the man went home on wednesday 7 monring, and had to work thursday 7 morning. so he arrives friday morning at 7. he basically slept whole thursday so he tought it was thursday but it was firdy.

wish i could sleep that long. every day i actuall can afford it to wake late i go asleep midnight thinking hiouw nice it would be to wake around 14:00 but at 9 iam fully awake :(

life isn't complicated, just face it simple.

I've personally been awake for 40 hours a few times. I normally sleep 4 to 5 hours a night, and there have been a few times that I just skipped a night of sleep for various reasons. Staying up all night doing college papers, um, staying up with my wife,...and a few other reasons.

My wife beats me, I think. She's been up for about 45 hours staright, when my son was born. Labor hit her right as she was going to go to bed at midnight. And then she had 48 hours of labor. She wasn't up over 60 hours straight because she (and me as well) got a few hours of sleep after like 30 hours of labor. They gave her drugs so she could sleep through her labor for a little while.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

It's about 36 hours and that was for playing pc-games with friend's some years ago. (Operation Flashpoint with FDF-mod, AvP 2, AoE, Heroes III and some other games.) After that my friends don't want to play almost any rts or tbs games with me :p

Nothing's cheaper than something free.

F1 vs FOTA, when too much power is in couple peoples hands.

---------------------------------------------------------------