By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Fuzzmosis has rejoined the ranks of PC Gaming!

Hello all! Lovely blatant self promotion in my thread title.

But I have finally, after 6 very long years, re-acquired a PC that is capable of playing games. For someone who once played Quake 2 at a competitive level, this seems like a long ass time.

Of course, me being the screw-up that I am, I have an 6 year old monitor to go with me new PC, thus mostly ruining that purpose.

Anyway, short of it, since I'm as untechnical as they come:
Core 2 Duo CPu 3.16g.hz
4 Gigs ram
Ati Radeon 4870HD card (Also ruined by a lack of a Blu-Ray player. I'll get the monitor first)

So, tommorow I go shopping and play catch up on a few games. I'm sadly past the level of income in my life when I can justify pirating, so I need to see if I can keep myself within 400 bucks on my next shopping spree.

Anyway, on topic, Hooray! So long, Lappy.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Around the Network

Oh pooh, your's is better than mine.

Good luck! I hope you enjoy it.

Tease.

Welcome back to the fold! Remember to get a decent gaming mouse :)

Playing : PC  AOE, DiRT 2, Runes of Magic, Wings of Prey & Planetside 2  

Wii U : Nintendoland, Super Mario U  & Fifa 2013 demo

DS : Guitar Hero : On Tour

Formerly unknown as Vengi

http://vgchartz.com/profiles/profile.php?id=2331

so you went jedi - sith - jedi. Awesome. Thanks for bring balance to the force once again.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

Awesome, and welcome back!

And by the way Quake II is one of my favorite FPS of all times I'd like to play against you sometime if we get the chance.

PC Gamer

congrats!

4870, very nice. I wish I had that card. I have a 3850 which would be ok, but it only has 256 mb of RAM compared to most new ones with 512...so it lags a little.

Also, you have a CRT? Because those at least look nice...full colors, full contrast...they're just big and electricity suckers.

If it's an old LCD, then yeah that sucks hehe. I love my 22".

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Good choices, that PC will keep you satisfied for 2-3 years for sure!

Mummelmann said:
Good choices, that PC will keep you satisfied for 2-3 years for sure!

more like 7-8 years