By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How good is Dragonforce?

I know a few people who think it's one of the best games ever. I only picked at it a little bit, but the number of onscreen sprites is impressive.

Around the Network
Avalach21 said:
Anyone saying that Dragonforce is good, go watch a live video of them on youtube. They blow. They're rather uncreative anyways.

Regardless of whether you like the music or not to say they blow because of a video is just sad. Their band is a collection of amazing talent. The fact that no one ever talks about how good the drummer is due to how unbelievable the guitar work is says a lot.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Gnizmo said:
Avalach21 said:
Anyone saying that Dragonforce is good, go watch a live video of them on youtube. They blow. They're rather uncreative anyways.

Regardless of whether you like the music or not to say they blow because of a video is just sad. Their band is a collection of amazing talent. The fact that no one ever talks about how good the drummer is due to how unbelievable the guitar work is says a lot.

I am not impressed by their drummer.  All he has is speed.  Tool's drummer is someone to be impressed with.

no better than rhapsody!

He is not mind blowing, but he is definitely good. I'd say he is good enough to get some compliments rather than ignored as just another band member. I am no great judge of musical ability though so maybe I am just over hyping him.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
L.C.E.C. said:
I thought you were talking about the band... NO idea about anything else...
The band has my respect though because of their shredding speed (excluding the intro which is done on keyboard).

It's done on a classical guitar, not a keyboard. That's why it sounds odd to those not accustomed to that sound.

On TTFaTF? Hm... I thought it was on a kayboard, and I was told that before, but I guess you're right. It sounds very weird. You're probably right.

Sonic Firestorm is the best album. Haven't got the latest but they kick ass. Def. the guitar work is the number one reason for them existing. Fukn mean fast riffs, vocals bring them down for me

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

the band?

the game is ok.. at first it will feel like you have no control on whats going on.. but anyway once you get accustomed to it you will find it one of the most unique strategy war games.  Plus it has the working designs seal if it means anything to ya.

I think you can play up to 8 (or 7) different types of generals and they have their own unique story.

vid may contain some spoilers.. oh ya you dont really start off with 100 ppl in your army normally 10 but in this vid.. the early battles were left out.

Its been a long time since i played the game, but I can say I did enjoy it quite a bit. there is a lot of micro managing in it though. You are going to be going through a lot of menus in the game, talking to your generals and making sure they are happy (so they don't turn on you). Awarding medals, setting up what generals you want in certain castles, which troop class is good against other classes.

It had a good soundtrack and it had working designs typical humor thrown in (if you like working designs translations that is).

I will say in the game though, its very very possible to screw yourself by backing yourself into a no-win situation towards the end parts of the game, so planning on where you keep key characters on the map will be very important.

Other than that, enjoy it. I think i've owned that game 3 time now.. first time someone I loaned it to destroyed it >