By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How good is Dragonforce?

Dragon Force is one of my favorite games of all time. Working Designs was one of my favorite developers of all time. Working Designs was Sega's Square or Atlus. But they are dead now, hopefully to come back with Gaijinworks.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network
JaggedSac said:
Gnizmo said:
Avalach21 said:
Anyone saying that Dragonforce is good, go watch a live video of them on youtube. They blow. They're rather uncreative anyways.

Regardless of whether you like the music or not to say they blow because of a video is just sad. Their band is a collection of amazing talent. The fact that no one ever talks about how good the drummer is due to how unbelievable the guitar work is says a lot.

I am not impressed by their drummer. All he has is speed. Tool's drummer is someone to be impressed with.

And tightness and amazing solidity while playing at those speeds.  Tool?  Apples/oranges.  There are many ways to be impressive.

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
JaggedSac said:
Gnizmo said:
Avalach21 said:
Anyone saying that Dragonforce is good, go watch a live video of them on youtube. They blow. They're rather uncreative anyways.

Regardless of whether you like the music or not to say they blow because of a video is just sad. Their band is a collection of amazing talent. The fact that no one ever talks about how good the drummer is due to how unbelievable the guitar work is says a lot.

I am not impressed by their drummer. All he has is speed. Tool's drummer is someone to be impressed with.

And tightness and amazing solidity while playing at those speeds.  Tool?  Apples/oranges.  There are many ways to be impressive.

Just my opinion.  I am more impressed by odd time signatures and rythmic originality.

I was hoping you were talking about the band. ;_;

MontanaHatchet said:
Dragonforce is a fantastic band, and I couldn't really give less of a crap about their "talent." People with no talent rule the music industry, so if someone with even decent talent can be successful, I'm happy. Oh yeah, and the game is good too.

talent is always an extra tool to work with, but as with any artistic medium, the greatest quality an artist can possess is creativity...

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout
Around the Network
Gnizmo said:
Avalach21 said:

Nothing in the band is unbelievable.  Why is it sad to say that a band blows because of a video?  That is the most telling proof of any band - their live performance.  Watch any of their youtube videos and you can see them get their asses whooped by their own songs.  It's just pathetic when you abuse modern technology to play these corny ass speedy riffs.  If you can't play it, then don't.  Use your brain and come up with something original that you actually can do, rather then do what everyone else has done 10,000 times before, just faster.

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout
Snesboy said:
Avalach21 said:
lol i thought you were talking about the band too

that band blows so hard.

Your band blows so hard.

DragonForce is awesome.

This is an intelligent post.

NightDragon83 said:

I laugh at all the haters who say they aren't original or are no-talent hacks that can't put on a good live show... meanwhile these same people go listen to Stinkin' Fart, Shitknot, Korn, Disturbed, Drowning Pool, Rage Against the Vending Machine and all these other shitty bands that try to pass themselves off as "metal".... you guys keep listening to your chugga-chugga angsty teen / cookie monster metal bands and I'll continue to listen to some real metal with actual guitar solos and kick ass choruses and vocals.

Lol if that was at all in direct towards me, I can assure you that I don't listen to any of those bands.  In fact I'd rate Dragonforce higher then any of the bands you mentioned, except perhaps Rage.

Here are some examples of the metal I listen to:

Isis -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lQO96XH6Bc&feature=related

Converge-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKlHfiCabT8

any other fans out there?

probably not...

LordTheNightKnight said:
NightDragon83 said:

LoL nice thread title... I've never played the game but heard nothing but good stuff about it, and if i ever come across a copy I'll be sure to pick it up for my Saturn, that and Shining Force III are supposedly killer RPGs for the system.

Off topic (on topic?!?)... I just picked up their new CD today, Ultra Beatdown. I got into them when i was a college freshman right before their debut album Valley of the Damned hit and I've been a fan ever since, and got all their albums as soon as they were released. Like them or not, DragonForce have done alot more for the metal genre in their short history than most modern "nu-metal" or "mall-core" bands have done in the past decade and a half with their stagnant, radio-friendly, chugga chugga teen angst music.

I laugh at all the haters who say they aren't original or are no-talent hacks that can't put on a good live show... meanwhile these same people go listen to Stinkin' Fart, Shitknot, Korn, Disturbed, Drowning Pool, Rage Against the Vending Machine and all these other shitty bands that try to pass themselves off as "metal".... you guys keep listening to your chugga-chugga angsty teen / cookie monster metal bands and I'll continue to listen to some real metal with actual guitar solos and kick ass choruses and vocals.

If it doesn't "say something", it sucks. Hence why casual video games, and Michael Bay films are crap, because they just focus on fun, instead of making the audience feel they are somehow smarter and wiser.

While I won't 100% agree with you, I think you make a great point.

But to be honest, some days I just want a cheeseburger, others I want to go out and get an expensive exquisite meal.  Sometimes I want to watch a mindless action movie, and sometimes I want to watch a movie that I'll be thinking about for the next couple days.  Sometimes I want to play Wii sports, and sometimes I want to play Metal Gear Solid 4.  Every piece of media doesn't have to be a mind blowing epic masterpiece - There's a time and a place for both.

Avalach21 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
NightDragon83 said:

LoL nice thread title... I've never played the game but heard nothing but good stuff about it, and if i ever come across a copy I'll be sure to pick it up for my Saturn, that and Shining Force III are supposedly killer RPGs for the system.

Off topic (on topic?!?)... I just picked up their new CD today, Ultra Beatdown. I got into them when i was a college freshman right before their debut album Valley of the Damned hit and I've been a fan ever since, and got all their albums as soon as they were released. Like them or not, DragonForce have done alot more for the metal genre in their short history than most modern "nu-metal" or "mall-core" bands have done in the past decade and a half with their stagnant, radio-friendly, chugga chugga teen angst music.

If it doesn't "say something", it sucks. Hence why casual video games, and Michael Bay films are crap, because they just focus on fun, instead of making the audience feel they are somehow smarter and wiser.

While I won't 100% agree with you, I think you make a great point.

But to be honest, some days I just want a cheeseburger, others I want to go out and get an expensive exquisite meal.  Sometimes I want to watch a mindless action movie, and sometimes I want to watch a movie that I'll be thinking about for the next couple days.  Sometimes I want to play Wii sports, and sometimes I want to play Metal Gear Solid 4.  Every piece of media doesn't have to be a mind blowing epic masterpiece - There's a time and a place for both.

Well you don't seem to be one of those.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs