By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MSN: Why Mario should retire

Mario should retire when Miyamoto retires. As of right now, gaming NEEDS both of them. As long as Mario games are released, I will always be a kid inside.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Mario should retire when Miyamoto retires. As of right now, gaming NEEDS both of them. As long as Mario games are released, I will always be a kid inside.
15 years left? He will end up dying, but Mario will live I say! Mario shouldn't leave anytime soon though.

Disney do not do cartoons anymore, thats why Mickey Mouse doesn't star in them. Pixar stole the market for animations and MM is dead. No argument there.

This guy is a f--kwit and this makes me wish that BK fails bigtime on the 360, not only bcoz Rare was stolen but also bcoz THERE IS NO WAY MARIO WILL EVER BE REPLACED BY BK, R&C, Sonic or whoever.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

halogamer1989 said:
Gnizmo said:
halogamer1989 said:
I agree. Nintendo out to go into the dairy business because the way the milk Mario is regretfully superb. The Disney thing is well worth mentioning. Even now many will not buy Nintendo b/c of the way it's Mario this and that. Mario Soccer, Baseball, Galaxy, DK, 64, Sunshine, DS, paper Mario, Super remakes, remakes of remakes. For what it's worth, though, an icon is eternal but Mario is not gaming. He is a main character of many games. Mario will go out with not a bang but a whimper.

Care to name the most recent remake of a Mario game? There has never been a remake of a remake to my knowlede but I will let you slide on that one. Last I recall was 4 years ago, and it was of the game that defined 3D platformers as a genre.

Paper Mario: 1000 yr door GC, Paper Mario, Paper Mario DS

BTW, here's a list worth looking at:

over 200 games. (People talk about other IPs) Milk much?

So in other words no you would not care to name the most recent remake of a game. Paper mario games have neither been remade nor have they released on the DS.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Super Paper Mario was on the DS? Don't know how I missed that one......Mario shouldn't retire.

My blog: TsalagiDragon on Wordpress

My online store: Tsalagi Dreams 

My Twitter: @Scary4Eva

Around the Network

Instead of aiming at Nintendo foot and missing, MS should save that last bullet for themselves.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

"Bow out with dignity"?

Wasn't Banjo shooting off Mario's head a while back?

Mario can't really retire. He is like a textbook for school, eventually updated to meet the needs of a new generation.
HUGE LOL @ H.E.R.'s post. Ease up....hehe

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Super Mario Galaxy... why the f-word should he be retired? (yes i read the OP, and my question stands)

Mario will never be retired, there are too many Nintendo fans.

Rock_on_2008 said:
Mario will never be retired, there are too many Nintendo fans.

exactly correct despite the obvious negativity it was supposed to spark.. mario will exist as long as nintendo exists