By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - "13 year old Dutch boy sues Microsoft"

piggychan said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
kowenicki said:
@seraphic

This all goes back to the R&D phase of the console. I have never had a scratched disc and neither has anyone I know. Equally I have only experienced one RROD (lauch console) and of the two people I know with lauch consoles one of them had a RROD with his launch console and nothing since - the other has had no problems at all.

MikeB has a deep rooted hatred from MS and an overblown love of anything Sony - they can do no wrong for him. Its as simple as that really.

Thats really cool and all, but could i have some proof or info on the newer models or something? i really want Star ocean 4, but not at a cost of losing them both...

I did some looking up and it goes by code name models, Jasper? Wtf is that? at any rate i asked if my local gamestop have had any issues with the "Jasper" models of the Arcades and they said "It depends really" What the fuck is that suppose to mean!?

Jasper is the new chipset they are smaller and run cooler.

You will know when you have a jasper machine if the power supply is 150w

K that sounds solid, but what about the disk-reading issuse?

Around the Network

@Seraphic_Sixaxis -

There probably won't every be proof that your machine won't brick, but at least M$ is giving the 3 yr warranty for the RROD so you will be safe for a while. If you get a machine with a hard-drive and install your game to the xbox then the chance of disc scratching will be eliminated, though as far as I can tell none of the newer xboxs scratch discs.

We got a programe here in UK called Watchdog about consumer protection.. I havent seen much on 360 cept this but this is early report and only seen 360 on there once

Also about the disc reading issue, if it happens a lot I hear it means your Xbox is about to RROD. I have not had this issue once with my 360, on the other hand my Wii does it quite often. :( And I love my Wii.

WiiBox3 said:
@Seraphic_Sixaxis -

There probably won't every be proof that your machine won't brick, but at least M$ is giving the 3 yr warranty for the RROD so you will be safe for a while. If you get a machine with a hard-drive and install your game to the xbox then the chance of disc scratching will be eliminated, though as far as I can tell none of the newer xboxs scratch discs.

I see, but no im getting the Arcade that comes without a hard-drive so... and is 3 years the normal for every model?

And if So4 does happen to get slashed up will they replace my game to?

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
@seraphic

This all goes back to the R&D phase of the console. I have never had a scratched disc and neither has anyone I know. Equally I have only experienced one RROD (lauch console) and of the two people I know with lauch consoles one of them had a RROD with his launch console and nothing since - the other has had no problems at all.

MikeB has a deep rooted hatred from MS and an overblown love of anything Sony - they can do no wrong for him. Its as simple as that really.

Though MikeB is playing this issue up and plays all 360 issues up and out of proportion, the disc scratching issue is a factual widespread problem and a quite prominent issue in the EU.  I'm glad the people you know havent had issues, but that is annecdotal information and does not prove the success/failure rate of anything.

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
kowenicki said:
@seraphic

Thats really cool and all, but could i have some proof or info on the newer models or something? i really want Star ocean 4, but not at a cost of losing them both...

I did some looking up and it goes by code name models, Jasper? Wtf is that? at any rate i asked if my local gamestop have had any issues with the "Jasper" models of the Arcades and they said "It depends really" What the fuck is that suppose to mean!?

I dunno lol.

(To cite akuma587:) Just do it. Worry about the consequences later.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=1658210

Seraphic, buy a X360. We're short of people in the MS forum here on VGC lol. We need new blood.

We all know that x360 is not a marvelous wonder piece of hardware that works without flaws....

Slimebeast said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
kowenicki said:
@seraphic

I dunno lol.

(To cite akuma587:) Just do it. Worry about the consequences later.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=1658210

Seraphic, buy a X360. We're short of people in the MS forum here on VGC lol. We need new blood.

Short of people? lol, well as far as that goes theres a pretty decent amount so no bigie there.

And no...i wanna make sure MS doesnt screw me over, 300 dollars is alot of money.

of course not i know its pretty shoddy machine but then I also feel that about the sony ps1 and dreamcast and my nintendo DS has dead pixels and there is a crack in one of the hinges but I didnt even notice it till after the 1year warranty expired now im just too lazy to do anything about it..

EDIT

Seraphic_Sixaxis

Whats there to be worried about? installing the SO The last hope game to your 360 HDD shouldnt scratch the game disc and if your 360 red ringed you are covered by 3years free.

I had a few problems with mine during the first year but I got a jun 2006 model. It was serviced twice in the first year .. first time the graphics chip failed and 2nd time the DVD drive crapped out and wouldnt close.. all within the first year.  Both times sent to MS for servicing, and both times the sent the same machine back to me.  After that had no problems.  Now during weekends its played more than 14+ hours on both Sat & Sunday