By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - "13 year old Dutch boy sues Microsoft"

360 definitely has problems. I didn't even get RRoD. Mine stopped reading discs all of a sudden and it seems the disc drive died or something. It's getting repaired now.

Around the Network
MikeB said:
mrstickball said:
So that justifies you only posting anti-Xbox 360 arguments?

What do you consider anti-XBox 360 arguments. The 360 not being build well? The 360 not being as powerful as the PS3?

Well I'm sorry IMO without the hardware issues the 360 is a proper console, but not as powerful or forward thinking as a PS3.

You see, there are three things here.

(1) The Xbox 360 and poor build quality.  Few people would dispute this, and getting it on tape and forcing MS to pay attention is a good thing.  I think this lawsuit is a good thing.

(2) Your belief that the PS3 is more powerful.  Part of the problem is that it isn't that clear cut -- the PS3's GPU is much less powerful than the 360s measured by fill rate.  The PS3's CPU (the Cell) is much less powerful than the 360's CPU (the Xenon) when measured by integer performance.  The PS3's CPU is more powerful when measured by floating point performance.  But they're both very slow (the Xenon and the Cell) in todays terms.

(3) The concept of forward thinking.  By all business measures, the PS3 is not only not forward thinking but it is a failure as a product.  It has already cost Sony more money then it could ever possibly make.

Look, we both know the 360 and PS3 aren't considered powerful any more.  And we both see that even PS3-first targetted development is often lower resolution than the 360 (GTA 4 is an example) because of a very weak GPU in the PS3 and that the same title used to suffer from popup in the 360 because MS didn't allow disk based installs.  These are things we can both accept. 

And we can both accept that the Xenon and Cell are no longer anything special, if they ever were, because of how weak they are compared to modern processors.

You aren't a troll because you post negative news.  It is news, after all.  You are a troll because you refuse to confront reality and keep insisting that some magical titles will come out for the PS3 to prove its superiority.  Overall, the 360 still has a better library.

I've never had disk scratching issues but I've still had my dealings with Microsoft's customer support and have found them to be very inefficient to say the least. What I can't stand is how they take my information and then each and every time I go to the next tier in customer support, they ask me the same shit as the person before them. My problems are rarely solved in under an hour on the phone due to their repetitive script talk and taking of my information.

It's good to hear that there are those of you who have had good experiences when calling customer support. I also agree with the idea of the bad news being more prevalent and how the good experiences are just forgotten. But still everyone knows about the 360 having problems and Microsoft should have this customer support thing nailed down by now and have it be as pain free as possible. Just from my own experiences, I can't imagine the majority of people are satisfied with Microsoft's customer support.

Microsoft has me (and I imagine many others) by the balls because of their awesome games. It's the only explanation as to why people keep on putting up with all of the bullshit (or potential bullshit) that goes along with ownership.

well it is all about the awesome games at the end of the day.. isn't it?? >_>

An itchy disc must be scratched!

Please register :)

Around the Network
De85 said:
MikeB said:

Microsoft at CES 2009 demos Halo Wars:

So, that picture is from CES 09, but the advert on the wall behind the console says now starting at $279.99?

I'm calling bullshit on that picture.

Not sure about that picture, but the end result remains the same:

"CES09: Halo Wars + Red Ring = Fail

Gamertag Radio reports "So were checking out the gameplay of Halo Wars. Now, I'm not a RTS fan but the chance to control all aspects of the field was pretty interesting.

Then, as the title of this article says, the inevitable happens. Yes, Microsoft's brand new addition to the Halo series suffers from another RROD error. From what I understand, since its only a 2 light error, it is most likely an overheating issue. Yes, its a Dev kit and the display was probably not allowing enough cool air to pass through to the console, but c'mon MS! This is the next step for your flagship title at CES???""

http://www.n4g.com/xbox360/News-257052.aspx

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Bboid said:
kowenicki said:
@seraphic

This all goes back to the R&D phase of the console. I have never had a scratched disc and neither has anyone I know. Equally I have only experienced one RROD (lauch console) and of the two people I know with lauch consoles one of them had a RROD with his launch console and nothing since - the other has had no problems at all.

MikeB has a deep rooted hatred from MS and an overblown love of anything Sony - they can do no wrong for him. Its as simple as that really.

Though MikeB is playing this issue up and plays all 360 issues up and out of proportion, the disc scratching issue is a factual widespread problem and a quite prominent issue in the EU.  I'm glad the people you know havent had issues, but that is annecdotal information and does not prove the success/failure rate of anything.

I just repeated what was stated by Kassa in my latest comments regarding disc scratching. Just wait for the full translation.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

mrstickball said:
Also, why is it that you only post news to attack MS, MikeB?

Does it really matter? Other members only post anti-Sony articles all the time. Who gives a shit who posted it? It's informative.

Slimebeast said:

Is Kassa a weekly program on national TV in Holland?

It's one of those programs that present different issues from a consumer protection point of view, rite? (all kinds of stuff that is for sale, goods, food, electronics, services, travels, insurances etc?)

Yes, it is a weekly consumer program and quite popular it seems. Last week (the one with the latest 360 item) got about 1.8 million viewers, which is quite a lot considering we only have 16 million people living here.

kowenicki said:
so Mikeb... what was your Live ID?

Why?

I think it was the same as my PSN account (also anonymous). This was my premium:

Once I stated in public I thought the 360 was a pretty good console overall, at least much better than the original XBox was. But after all the issues I revised my opinion. But nowadays at only 119 Euro including 19% taxes with some free games, such deals are IMO still good value though, despite all the issues (let's say worth the risk for some).

You should have read past comments from 360 fanboys from before Microsoft's announcement regarding RRoD issues to their shareholders. Very degrading, following exactly Microsoft PR, it pushed me to root for the PS3 even more. Mine and many other people's console died before Microsoft admitted any issues and hordes of 360 fanboys were defending M$ and attacking people blindly on this issue.

PS3 vs 360 sales