By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Tales games for DS and Wii

The Wii is binary compatible with the GC, but any developer would want to take advantage of the bumped clocks and more memory: so that basically is to say a developer could port over their GC code and have a working engine as it was on the GC, but they're going to want to tune it to take advantage of the extra power (better graphics, smoother framerate), and they're also going to have to program for the new control scheme.

Around the Network

stewacide said: and they're also going to have to program for the new control scheme.
It's not required, and thats the point. It's optional if developers really don't want to. I reckon thats how main FF and KH will do it on the Wii. I won't be surprised if they do a DS-like turnaround and completely change the gameplay, but traditional controls are an option, not an improbability/impossiblity on the Wii.

stewacide said: The Wii is binary compatible with the GC, but any developer would want to take advantage of the bumped clocks and more memory: so that basically is to say a developer could port over their GC code and have a working engine as it was on the GC, but they're going to want to tune it to take advantage of the extra power (better graphics, smoother framerate), and they're also going to have to program for the new control scheme.
Thanks, but I wanted to hear that from Kwaad

I also enjoyed Tales of Symphonia for Gamecube, one of the better RPG's of last generation I think. :) I did multiplayer quite a few times with it and loved it. :)

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Symphonia is the best Tales ever. I'm really enjoying Abyss tho. The problem with most engines and the way they are built, the control system is built into the game. Meaning they have to rebuild everything from the ground up... just because of the new controllers. I fell it is easier to get GC quality graphics on the Wii than any other console.... However.. Well...

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network

Tales of Symphonia was excellent. So seeing a sequel to that game would be great. I had almost forgotten about Tales of the Tempest. Given the DS's phenomal sales, you think Namco would have ported to Europe and the US by now.

There is same rumor about Tales games for DS and Wii in japan, too. And, no news about Tales games for DS is available. (Already becomes Tuesday in Japan) But there is a news about the Tales of Fandom2 on PS2.

If you need something about Japanese market from the perspective of Japanese, please contact me.